Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bachelor in Social Studies in TCD: Few Questions for Anyone doing this Course?

Options
  • 04-07-2010 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I've been offered a place in the 4 year Bachelor in Social Studies in TCD.

They claim that the workload is intensive, with summer placements.

I'm hoping that someone who is doing this course could let me know what the hours are like, in terms of how many lectures per week and any other commitments? Also if you could let me know how long the summer placements are and how many hours a week that would be great. I believe there are only placements after year one and two, ie none between 3rd and final year?

I'm hoping to be able to work at weekends while doing this course (I'm a mature student and wont be entitled to any funding while doing it so will need money to live on) but need to find out how heavy the workload is to see how feasible this is.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks is advance

Advertisement