Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new perfume- any suggestions?

Options
  • 04-07-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

I have been a faithful devotee of Kingdom, by Alexander McQueen, for years now. I loved the muskiness (?) and that it didn't have that sickly sweet, cloying smell that so many womens perfumes do. It was discontinued a while back but I've bought my last few bottles on Ebay. I've just had a look though and it's incredibly scarce and way out of my budget now so I suppose its time to admit its over and start the search again!

Can anyone recommend a few interesting, complex, not traditionally girly perfumes to get me going? I find that when I start smelling testers I get overwhelmed and stop being able to distinguish between scents very quickly!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I love The Beat by Burberry for when i'm looking for something a bit less feminine!it's a bit woody almost,but really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Ghost(the blue one,don't know the proper name.:o)

Is musky I think,had it a while ago,really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I will always recommend Ange au Demon by Givenchy when this question is asked! It's a gorgeous perfume!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Dior Pure Poison? I like a strong scent, it's feminine but also quite a sexy smell too! I've had my bottle for ages! It's only for special occasions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Estee Lauder - Beautiful. It's a gorgeous light woody scent. When I smell it I always get gossip girl in my head for some reason.

Also if you haven't tried Elizebeth Arden - Red Door you must now because it is a must! I always have a bottle of this around, it's the first perfume I buy when I run out of it. It is an incredible scent like baby powder, very soft but stays on you all day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

Dior Pure Poison? I like a strong scent, it's feminine but also quite a sexy smell too! I've had my bottle for ages! It's only for special occasions!

i have that aswell and its fab!! only use it very seldom tho, as its for 'good wear'!!

my friend recently bought me 'lovely' by SJP and have to say i really do like it, defo sexy smell!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Calvin Klein - Euphoria, me and my sis have been using it for ages, and even when I bought different ones, I always go back to this. A few squirts lasts all days, and loads of people complement me on it all the time! It is not overpowering, just a lovely smell.

"The beautiful fragrance starts off with pomegranate, persimmon, and a lovely lush green accord. The heart then blends into a sensual lotus blossom, black orchid which then finishes off with amber, violet, cream and woods"

Now I duno what the above is really talking about...all I can say is it is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

just wondering what would you recommend for a day time perfume ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I just had another little think...

Tommy girl - sweet little summery scent!

Kylie Minogue - Darling again another sweet scent but kind of fruity/woody

Britney Spears (the blue bottle?) - My boyfriend loves this smell. It's youthful and fun.

Noa - chacarel - lovely light perfume. Very subtle smell, very feminine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Has anybody tried any of the D&G new ones? I have no.1, which i love, obviously its unisex, so its not typically "floral". Gorgeous. My sister has no.3, she loves it, i wasn't really bothered by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Unregistered39

If you want something a bit different and are happy to spend a bit (OK maybe a lot) more then the Creed range is absolutely gorgeous. I think they only sell it in Brown Thomas. I got samples of Virgin Island Water, Silver Mountain Water and Acqua Fiorentina. Impossible to choose one as I love them all. I hate 'heady' perfumes; I find them suffocating.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Jo malone -head into BT & they will direct you towards the musk type scents.

They have a huge selection so there will be something to suit you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I love Euphoria by Calvin Klein, though the new Be Delicious by DKNY one (it's pink? Can't remember it's name) is becoming a new favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I love Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf

It's like nothing else I've ever smelled / smelt (?)

It is quite heady though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Tom Fords Black orchid is really fantastic. Sexy and just has the wow factor (for me anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Wow- thanks everyone! I really didn't expect this many replies! Definitely some great suggestions there to get the search going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Obsession - Calvin Klein.
    I LOVE it. It is quite strong though.

Advertisement