Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what have you got in your attic?

Options
  • 04-07-2010 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

I was looking in the attic for a spare playstation2 rf lead which I know is in there somewhere. Didn't find it, you never find what you are looking for. Did find some odds and ends mind. A playstation 2 console, one of the original chunky ones. A spare control pad, duelshock for said. A box full of psp games and the console. I never really got into PSP so I just shoved it into a box into the attic many moons ago.

Lots of games for various consoles in a box. Mostly PS1 and xbox original. Also some megadrive games.

Star trek
    16-Tile Mahjong
    Addams family values
    Toki: Going Ape Spit

And a few Saturn

Tomb Raider
    Demolition derby
    Resident evil
    (All put away to play the playstation one versions 13 or 14 years ago)

Deep fear (scratch on the cd ****, seems to have trouble loading, hopefully I can repair the scatch.)
    Theme park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,641 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

All my console boxes and 6-8 ps1 consoles.

The rest is all downstairs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    All my console boxes and 6-8 ps1 consoles.

The rest is all downstairs!

In stark contrast, my whole collection is up in the attic for the moment :(

o1s1n a mod of Airsoft again? Am I a Slider?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Have various odds and ends, spare controllers, console boxes, gba game boxes, and my ps1 game collection, no room for it downstairs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

I found a Commodore 64 in my dad's attic while helping him to move house. That surely counts as retro!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Christmas decorations mostly :(

However, my Mega Drive has been MIA for a while. I have no idea where it is, although I do have my box of games. Curious...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My attic was converted into two rooms about 8 years ago, then had a proper spiral stairs and a lavvy put in 2 years ago.
    Most of my retro collection is up there, along with lots of cables, leads (is there a difference?), and other gaming paraphernalia and detritus.
    There's a modest 29" CRT there too, which I really must supplement with a HD LCD display one of these days.
    There's also a sofa, bean bag and an office chair behind a large desk, upon which rests the Steel Battalion controller, it's fair to sat that the controller is the only reason the desk is there, as it is huge and not really suited for a lap during play!
    My current gen consoles are all downstairs, together with the NeoGeo MVS and the Nuon player.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I don't have an attic :(

But did find a megadrive arcade stick in my nannys shed. Absolutely caked in dust and grime, but scrubbed up very nicely. I assume it was my uncles as he had a megadrive. I also have all his megadrive games :D

Also found my copy of driver for the GBC that I thought was long gone in the same shed. Win!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

my amstrad 464 is up there somewhere, gathering dust, crying for 20 years ago when it was being played day in day out, 8 hours a day... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭justbrian

Still can't find the lead. Did find a big old box of game gear games and the game gear itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I have all my consoleboxes and bin bags full of VHS tapes, goot few of my old toys too

• Advertisement

Oh there is a lot of vhs tapes up in my attic. 300 probably.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

justbrian wrote: »
    And a few Saturn

(All put away to play the playstation one versions 13 or 14 years ago)
    k

Don't tell Retro you chose the PS over the Saturn, he may well track you down and beat you to death with a Hello Kitty plushy!

And besides, Tomb Raider was made for the Saturn and PC, it got ported to the PS, so there!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Don't tell Retro you chose the PS over the Saturn, he may well track you down and beat you to death with a Hello Kitty plushy!

And besides, Tomb Raider was made for the Saturn and PC, it got ported to the PS, so there!

I prefered the Saturn versions of Tomb raider and Resident Evil over the PS1 versions. I only put them away when resi 2 and tomb raider 2 were ps1 only.

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    In stark contrast, my whole collection is up in the attic for the moment :(

Get it down! It deserves to be loved. Not banished to the land of spiderwebs and fiberglass!
    EnterNow wrote: »
    o1s1n a mod of Airsoft again? Am I a Slider?

Nah, just nobody has removed my mod privlidges yet. They love me too much :pac:

There's an old greyscale Mac in my parents attic that I just can't find under all the junk. Shame as I'd like to see if I could get some games running on the thing.

Get it down! It deserves to be loved. Not banished to the land of spiderwebs and fiberglass!

Nah, just nobody has removed my mod privlidges yet. They love me too much :pac:

There's an old greyscale Mac in my parents attic that I just can't find under all the junk. Shame as I'd like to see if I could get some games running on the thing.

Well the plan is not to get it down, but to bring the room up :p I have the attic membraned, insulated & plasterboarded. Staighre (sp?) and Velux have been installed, just need to make some storage cupboards from the dead space (where the apex gets too low), apply filler to all the joins (a lot of them), paint & get carpet. Then its gonna be the coolest retro den in town :cool:

I'll start the storage cupboards soon, real soon, definitely this year anway :o

Master of the Universe

Nice!! I hope we're all invited over to the grand opening? ;)

I'm looking to buy a house and want to do the same with the attic. The only thing though, how the hell do you get an arcade cab up there?!

Nice!! I hope we're all invited over to the grand opening? ;)

I'm looking to buy a house and want to do the same with the attic. The only thing though, how the hell do you get an arcade cab up there?!

Oh yeah your all invited, well the whole 5 people it would take to fill the attic anyway :p

Ah the old arcade cab in an attic conundrum...I've resigned myself to the conclusion that it just aint happenin' for me :( My cab weighs an absoloute ton man, the only way of doing it for me would be to custom build a small cocktail cab up there - and pray I never have to move :p

I know the bliss of an attic retro den myself!
    Get a decent low 3 seater couch, sort of Ikea thing, although you'll pick one up, possibly for free online.
    The thing about an arcade cab is that often the weight is in the base, can you remove it, and replace it with different ballast once in the attic? Say sand in a sealable box? You could buy it in bags from Smyths then pop them into the cab base.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Got this from my parents attic a month or 2 ago.

I've just finished building a new house 6 months ago and the games room is now complete with MAME cab, Star Trek:TNG Pinball and a pool table, but I have a lot of attic space and I'm also considering setting up the stuff in the link above in the attic.
    Bean bag, old telly and the PS1, C64 and megadrive would be very nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

We have 2 swords in my attic:D

A biscuit box full of matchbox cars, aload of infant baby toys belong to me from the day:D

Nothing computer related that I am aware off..

• Advertisement
Advertisement