Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

having a **** summer :(

Options
  • 04-07-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

When I finished my college exams I thought I was going to have a great summer. But everything has went downhill :( I broke up with my boyfriend, have been trying my hardest to get a job but no luck. My friends are working a lot so I hardly see them. I planned to try and get fit and go to the gym for the whole summer but have a health problem (not a big one) but I cannot go to the gym until it goes away. I feel so miserable sitting at home. The only good thing that has happened to me is that I have passed my exams. I just cant wait to back college but it feels like forever away. Most of my days involve me being at home, on my computer, looking up dating sites to find someone new. I feel so depressed :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

Hi there,
    sorry to hear youre down in the dumps. This stuff is a vicious circle, no exercise=put on weight=loss of self esteem=no lovin=no exercise...

You'll have heard all this before but, you can exercise for free. Go for a walk, a run, a swim in the sea...

Im pretty sure theres loads of stuff going on in your head, but theres one thing I can say that I know for a fact will help > get some exercise & fresh air (doesnt have to be very strenuous)
    A decent walk can clear things up for you.

The weather is good, get out there, today.

G'luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

gayguy2009 wrote: »
    When I finished my college exams I thought I was going to have a great summer. But everything has went downhill :( I broke up with my boyfriend, have been trying my hardest to get a job but no luck. My friends are working a lot so I hardly see them. I planned to try and get fit and go to the gym for the whole summer but have a health problem (not a big one) but I cannot go to the gym until it goes away. I feel so miserable sitting at home. The only good thing that has happened to me is that I have passed my exams. I just cant wait to back college but it feels like forever away. Most of my days involve me being at home, on my computer, looking up dating sites to find someone new. I feel so depressed :(

Hey OP. Not much to suggest but been there and all. At the end of May I flew to France and earlier this week I finished walking all 800km of the Camino de Santiago, from St Jean Pied de Port in France to Santiago de Compestela in Galicia - this.

I couldn't recommend it highly enough. It was also very cheap - @ €5 per night for accommodation (I walked it all in 28 days but 5 weeks is a more normal timeframe). Spiritually it was sublime and you'll meet some of the most interesting people you'll ever meet. You'll also lose a ton of weight, obviously, and come home buzzing. It'll be a huge change from home and all. Think outside the box (if you haven't got the time, do a week or two of it or do a camino such as Finisterre which will take around 8 or 10 days). Importantly, you can take it all at your own pace.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

PS: I sincerely think it is a really, really bad idea to be looking for somebody new at this stage. Go away, get your strength back, find out who you really are and you will be a much better, as in stronger, person.

You will then have more to offer. You do not want to be an emotional burden on somebody. You need to be strong to start a relationship, and far too many people are starting relationships to get away from themselves and look for an emotional prop. Such a relationship can only end badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭shebango

gayguy2009 wrote: »

Hey OP. Summer can be a hard time when you've just broken up with someone. But I PROMISE it does get better.

Allow yourself a few weeks to heal and then it's time to start picking up the pieces of your life once more.

What interests do you have that you could get involved in? Basically try and be around people as much as you can.

Advertisement