Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox behaviour

Options
  • 04-07-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Hi, quick question:

Yesterday I saw a fox on a main road between two midland towns. It looked to me like a young fox but it wasn't that small so perhaps it was fully grown. Anytime I've seen a fox before it was always on the move like as though it was keen not to be seen and it was always dusk or night time. This time though, it was probably around 7-8pm but it was still very bright. And the fox was just stood on the edge of a busy road chewing on something. It didn't move off the road when our car and others drove past. And if there was something on the road that it was eating I didn't see it. Is this normal fox behaviour, or what might the explanation be?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Probably a cub. Most of the foxes killed on the roads now are cubs, hasn't built up enough experience yet to have the sense to get out of the way.

Advertisement