Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Van Halen Album with DLR?? 2011

Options
  • 04-07-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

http://www.bravewords.com/news/141894

been hearing a few rumours about the net of a new Van halen studio album with diamond dave at the helm again, 1st full studio album with him since 1984! I will deffo be buying it but just wondering your thoughts no micheal anthony who i thought was a huge part of the bands sound and considering Van Halens first album is one of my all time fave albums im gonna have very high expectations lol
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beave

Wow, this would be incredible news, imagine if a world tour is born from it also. Their in my Top 3 bands I never saw. MA is/was a massive part of VH but I think the hole left when Dave Lee Roth left was far greater (and never filled to my satisfaction, Gary Cherone got closest but they didn't have the tunes) I will watch this one with great anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

I have the heard the rumours as well. Looking forward to any new material, but even more so if they get their act together and tour outside the US before they pack it in which given their history could be anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Would love to see this. Saw David Lee Roth in Vicar Street in 2004, perhaps the only concert he EVER performed in Ireland, and it just blew me away :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beave

I was at that, great gig, almost as moving as the Vai gig with Billy Sheehan when they opened with ShyBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Beave wrote: »
    I was at that, great gig

It was indeed. Especially when he came out during the encore dressed in that Blue Rhinestone number from head to toe. It was just a brilliant collection of songs and reminded me of all the great Van Halen numbers he had recorded. It was a great night....hard to believe that was six years ago....I've still got the ticket stub among the collection somewhere. And I believe James Lomenzo, who used to be in White Lion and would then go on to play with Megadeth, was there that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

Would love to see this. Saw David Lee Roth in Vicar Street in 2004, perhaps the only concert he EVER performed in Ireland, and it just blew me away :eek:

Im sure I saw DLR in the Point Depot ...

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

I liked Van Halen with all vocalists, however, this would be special if it happened. A tour would have to follow in support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I would really love this to happen. Van Halen are such a band, brilliant albums all through from Van Halen up to F.U.C.K.

Things kinda went downhill after that, and the magic of the Roth era (even tho it ended with 1984 it still kinda carried on for a few years, as 5150 was meant to feature DLR) was never recaptured...

This would be deadly if it did happen!

Advertisement