Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lost nexus one :( what now

Options
  • 04-07-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I lost my nexus one this week :( fortunatly with wavesecure i was able to get all my files and wipe it. THe location wouldnt work though so couldnt track it.

Anyways my question is what should i do now, i need a new phone but cant decide whether just to buy a nexus one again or get a desire. Or wait and use one of my crappy old blockia phones until something better comes out. What would you guys do?

I would get an iphone but unfortunatly im left handed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Tell the police? Give them your IMEI and ask them to find your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

I did that already but not too hopeful about getting it back. Also whoever found it isnt going to give it back as its was locked for a while before i wiped it. It had the wavesecure lock screen with my contact details on it.

Really annoyed with myself, first time ive ever lost a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

jd83 wrote: »
    I did that already but not too hopeful about getting it back. Also whoever found it isnt going to give it back as its was locked for a while before i wiped it. It had the wavesecure lock screen with my contact details on it.

Really annoyed with myself, first time ive ever lost a phone.

Aye unfortunately they can pass it on to someone who knows a bit about Android, and they can just flash a new ROM over the top of yours and the phones fully functional, wavesecure or no wavesecure. :( Your data is safe mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Yh i know that wavesecure wont stop someone using my phone. Getting my data back was the main thing and wiping the device also. So happy that i was able to do that. I changed my google accunt details also. So on that front im happy.

Vodafone have cancelled the sim now and i should get a new one in a few days. So all i need to do is sort out a phone.

Advertisement