Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jason Maine - The Ace with the Pace

Options
  • 04-07-2010 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if he's ok? I haven't heard his dulcit tones on radio for a very long time....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Thats a blast from the past.

Q102 was his last gig wasnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Yeah last I heard he was out sick. Just with all the talk on the demise of 4fm, he's a name that would be a hit with that market.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

bbability wrote: »
    Yeah last I heard he was out sick. Just with all the talk on the demise of 4fm, he's a name that would be a hit with that market.
    +1 for that suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Clutterfree88

Great idea, why don't they put Greg Gaughran on @ 2 (forgiven by now?) followed by the boy Jas at 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

where is greg gaughren these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭GSF

heybaby wrote: »
    where is greg gaughren these days?
    East Coast FM and Dublins Country Mix 6 days a week for 7 hours a day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

wow thats a lot of hours !

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bandscan

Last i heard he was taking time out to look after his wife who was unwell but that was two years ago.

Anyone have an update on Jason Maine. Seems to have totally disappeared from the face of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Anyone have an update on Jason Maine. Seems to have totally disappeared from the face of the earth.

I would love to know what has happened to Jason Maine too. I believe the last time I heard Jason on radio was some years ago on FM104. Incidentally, Greg Gaughren has been with Radio Nova since September 2010 (some months after this thread started!).

Maybe, Jason has retired from the radio business and got a "real" job (sorry - dont mean that really!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I would love to know what has happened to Jason Maine too. I believe the last time I heard Jason on radio was some years ago on FM104. Incidentally, Greg Gaughren has been with Radio Nova since September 2010 (some months after this thread started!).

Maybe, Jason has retired from the radio business and got a "real" job (sorry - dont mean that really!).
    Last I heard on another forum was that he was in poor health and that's why he was left radio. Surely some of the djs at Nova could tell us how he is?

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Last I heard on another forum was that he was in poor health and that's why he was left radio. Surely some of the djs at Nova could tell us how he is?

Why Nova... he's never been with the current Radio Nova... unless you are confusing my reference to Greg Gaughren?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Why Nova... he's never been with the current Radio Nova... unless you are confusing my reference to Greg Gaughren?
    Because he has a few old ex colleagues at the current Nova, he was on the original Nova back in the 1980's with Greg Gaughran and a few others from the current Nova.

I know you like your stats Declan so just to let you know his last radio station was Dublin's Q102. I believe Lisa Armstrong replaced him at the time.

I know you like your stats Declan so just to let you know his last radio station was Dublin's Q102. I believe Lisa Armstrong replaced him at the time.

Thanks for that, indeed! I had seen references to that before on a few forums. It dosent take away from the fact that the last time I actually heard him was on FM104! Jason was in the original lineup of Capital Radio way back in 1989. It must be around the time of the rebranding to Rock104 in April/May 1991 that he temporarily left the station, only to return a year or two later on FM104.
    Because he has a few old ex colleagues at the current Nova, he was on the original Nova back in the 1980's with Greg Gaughran and a few others from the current Nova.

Okay - you have a point there! Greg would have been with Jason on the superpirates Radio Nova and Q102. Given that Hugh O'Brien and Mike Moloney are gone, I'm not sure how many others that Jason would know from the current Nova. The only other possibilities I can think of are: Pat James from Jason's early pirate days (ARD), Marty Miller, who did stints with FM104 and Q102, and Kevin Branigan, who was with FM104 for a bit, but there are no guarantees that their paths crossed with Jason (especially in the case of Marty and Kevin).

Advertisement