Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Print your own money

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I heard there was one of the states in America maybe Denver that has its own currency and bank independant of the fed with no interest to print.
    Last i heard it was so far doing a better job than the money for debt(interest) system.
    Id love to see people in Ireland doing this also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They done something similar in Limerick during a general strike against British militarism at the beginning of the War of independence - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerick_Soviet

edit: Just done some Googling to see if there were any other instances of this being tried in Ireland.. Fermoy in Cork prints its own 'currency' which employers can give out tax free, and it ensures that the money stays in the local economy - http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/town-to-print-currency-in-shop-local-drive-105821.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I have heard a while ago about this plan to do away with money and then you are given money with an expiry date on it , so you get a certain amount each week and if you don't spend it in that week , it would be worthless , and everyone gets the same amount , i think its part of a plan to bring back feudalism .

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

Small decentralised communities, managing their resources responsibly, is the answer - coining interest-free money would be the natural consequence of that. Or, the other way around, chicken and egg scenario. Doesn't matter. It's about time we all copped-on to the fact we don't need private banks, parasites, and their fiat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

This system shown in the video i posted implies that someone in power determines when you spend the money you make and also what you spend it on , as opposed to the current system where you choose when and if you spend your money and also what you spend it on , therefore the current system seems to allow freedom .

• Advertisement

Oh im not sure about the idea of having a time limit on spending money.
    I must have missed that part lol
    Sounds like comunism meets money or something like that.
    Dont know if thats good or bad.I think there is a basic issue with the education of the people of this land.Everyone in general has been dumbed down or kept dumb about alot of things and distracted with toys and trinkets while the big families and corps move in and we chase a carrot around as they take everything around us.
    The ignorance of the masses is what keeps this system running.
    I believe it might be possible to have a debt free currency controlled by the government IF we can finnally sort out the issues the current system has allowed.Like bad schooling,a terrible education for public school goers, combined with media being controlled by greed.These things i think have lead to alot of ignorance and misguided voting.Basically the rich ruling the poor who cant afford to or believe they cant aspire to a position to change the country for the better.
    That is the problem and until the people of Ireland intercede on their own behalf and turn around and lynch(or do something considerable) a couple of bad examples we will not see any changes good changes stay uncorrupted.
    I guess printing our own money and bypassing the banks is a big start.If the whole country is on board we would then need to focus on keeping the same scum away from this system and also pull them off the children of ireland so the next generation can have a chance to actually think straight.You know flouride,left brain schooling,media manipulation etc etc etc etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

Torakx wrote: »
    Oh im not sure about the idea of having a time limit on spending money.
    I must have missed that part lol
    Sounds like comunism meets money or something like that.
    Dont know if thats good or bad.I think there is a basic issue with the education of the people of this land.Everyone in general has been dumbed down or kept dumb about alot of things and distracted with toys and trinkets while the big families and corps move in and we chase a carrot around as they take everything around us.
    The ignorance of the masses is what keeps this system running.
    I believe it might be possible to have a debt free currency controlled by the government IF we can finnally sort out the issues the current system has allowed.Like bad schooling,a terrible education for public school goers, combined with media being controlled by greed.These things i think have lead to alot of ignorance and misguided voting.Basically the rich ruling the poor who cant afford to or believe they cant aspire to a position to change the country for the better.
    That is the problem and until the people of Ireland intercede on their own behalf and turn around and lynch(or do something considerable) a couple of bad examples we will not see any changes good changes stay uncorrupted.
    I guess printing our own money and bypassing the banks is a big start.If the whole country is on board we would then need to focus on keeping the same scum away from this system and also pull them off the children of ireland so the next generation can have a chance to actually think straight.You know flouride,left brain schooling,media manipulation etc etc etc etc etc etc

Yes! and always remember we created the government, the government did not create us!

(Nothing against governments, me, only bad government)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Governments and illuminatis bloodlines exist, because we don't take responsibility for all that "does" exist. Humanity cannot seem to face it all.

Just when things go wrong, we blame others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

mysterious wrote: »
    Governments and illuminatis bloodlines exist, because we don't take responsibility for all that "does" exist. Humanity cannot seem to face it all.

Just when things go wrong, we blame others.

Like blaming shapeshifting reptiles/annunaki/nephilim or whatever, for all of our woes, rather than facing up to the fact that a far less dramatic and simple explanation exists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭mugs1

Small decentralised communities, managing their resources responsibly, is the answer - coining interest-free money would be the natural consequence of that. Or, the other way around, chicken and egg scenario. Doesn't matter. It's about time we all copped-on to the fact we don't need private banks, parasites, and their fiat.

Wouldn't be a fan of Small decentralised communities,I think it would only lead to more conflicts,

Im all for breaking down borders physical and cultural like the european union, but the current the British freetrade model needs to be demolished, before we can break the shackles :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

great

Perhaps we should look into is it legal to do this here in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

digme wrote: »
    great

Perhaps we should look into is it legal to do this here in Ireland?

great but how do people get this money??? do they have to trae in their dollars??? if they do its pointless

Good question,I'd say they would have to as they have to go to the private mint first and buy some gold, silver or copper coins.But in the long run it would be a good thing as the value of said coins would not decrease like the dollar.Isn't that the whole point?In essence it would create a local economy not based on rigged markets and debt.

Good question,I'd say they would have to as they have to go to the private mint first and buy some gold, silver or copper coins.But in the long run it would be a good thing as the value of said coins would not decrease like the dollar.Isn't that the whole point?In essence it would create a local economy not based on rigged markets and debt.

so this currency will be based on the dollar.. seems pointless to me then...

and how does joe soap get this money....i assume he has to give his legal tender dollar for it :)

ohh do we not have something similiar here.... the ONE 4 All vouchers...
    they are not legal tender yet accpeted around the country in exchange for goods and services... :)

robtri wrote: »
    so this currency will be based on the dollar.. seems pointless to me then...

and how does joe soap get this money....i assume he has to give his legal tender dollar for it :)

ohh do we not have something similiar here.... the ONE 4 All vouchers...
    they are not legal tender yet accpeted around the country in exchange for goods and services... :)
    It's not solely based on the dollar,you can use your own silver or gold, copper etc to buy petrol and things.Since the purchasing power of the metals wont reduce,why wouldn't you want to trade in your dollars?

It's not solely based on the dollar,you can use your own silver or gold, copper etc to buy petrol and things.Since the purchasing power of the metals wont reduce,why wouldn't you want to trade in your dollars?

still think it is just a fancy voucher system..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

robtri wrote: »
    still think it is just a fancy voucher system..

Of course it is.. isn't that what real currency is too?

I wouldn't call a precious metal a voucher.
    Robtri lets just burn all our Euro notes and not buy gold with it at all and just use vouchers?

Tally sticks ftw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Does this thread remind anyone of the episode of bottom where Eddie prints his own money? "Here's a 27 Krugerand note"

• Advertisement

Lol funny show.I think Eddie would be the last person people would trust to control the supply of any currency.Right behind him would be the banks and ECB imo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Back to the bartering system then.Magic beans ftw

I wouldn't call a precious metal a voucher.
    Robtri lets just burn all our Euro notes and not buy gold with it at all and just use vouchers?

what the hell is that......

i havent aclue what that means.....

Advertisement