Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Originals Band - Clare/Limerick/Galway

Options
  • 03-07-2010 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

I am a 22 year old Bassist looking to start a new project which has an either has an element of John Mayer or Dave Matthew's Band, basically something that is good to play but slightly hinting at a Pop genre so it actually has a chance of going somewhere.

I'm looking to write all originals an covers will be kept to a minimum although two or three in an hour set is usually nice too.

I'm looking to see what varied types of musicians and instruments are interested in this project and the level of workmanship that is available. I would be particularly interested in working with Sax/Fiddle etc...

I am a decent bassist but mostly I'm a hard worker so I am looking to work with musicians who have a similar work ethic. I am very open to any type of instrument because the more 'out there' the sound, the easier it is to get people to listen.

I have my own transport. I'm based in Ennis but willing to travel if others are just as committed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FunkDrummer

I love Dave Matthews Band, Carter Beauford can be so under-rated sometimes but he is one of the most technically gifted drummers I've ever watched playing.

Good luck with the search for bandmates!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭flameboy87

Ya I rate him very highly. He's beats fit the song but he;s little tricks that he throws in here and there are just delightful :P haha

Doubt I'd be able to find a drummer as good but here's fingers crossed I will :cool:

Anyone got any interest?? Beats doing covers anyway!!!!!!!!! Any type of instrument welcome for suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Hi Flameboy, I'm based in Limk. I'm recording an album of originals at the moment. I'm playing all the instruments on the recording but I'll be looking for a bass player in a couple of months for gigging and recording. I haven't any songs finished with vocals at the mo so unfortunately I can't post samples. Do you have any samples of your playing anywhere? Cheers

Hey ClutchIt,

I have a few things recorded but don't have them at the moment. Only have one track with no vocal take and its not mixed or anything. I don't have anything recorded that represents my style either. What kinda style you play? Could you send me on a track or two....even if they aren't finished with vocals, mixed or mastered I can still get an idea if its a style that I'm into. I wouldn't be able to but my heart into something that I wasn't fully into

My email is colin_clancy87@yahoo.co.uk

• Advertisement

Oh ya and i'm still open to offers from people about the original post too :D I have a sax player so looking for Acoustic/Singer/Drummer/Flute/Violin etcc. any of these :P

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

flameboy87 wrote: »
    Hey ClutchIt,

I have a few things recorded but don't have them at the moment. Only have one track with no vocal take and its not mixed or anything. I don't have anything recorded that represents my style either. What kinda style you play? Could you send me on a track or two....even if they aren't finished with vocals, mixed or mastered I can still get an idea if its a style that I'm into. I wouldn't be able to but my heart into something that I wasn't fully into

My email is colin_clancy87@yahoo.co.uk

No problem. I haven't anything up on the internet yet tho. I might wait a month or so till the demo is ready and start recruiting then I think. I'll be in touch then if you're still looking to do some originals. Thanks for the response

Ya give me a shout when you get somethin finished. My fave bassists are Pino Palladino (John Mayer Trio) and Stefen Lessard (Dave Matthews Band). They're the closet to my style as I can describe :)

Bump :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 heirst

hey,i'm the songwriter from an established originals band who have already had a song charted in the irish charts,can you send me your number or e mail???

• Advertisement
Advertisement