Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Audio cable but two ports

Options
  • 02-07-2010 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi ,

Hoping someone can help me here.

I recently purchased a video grabber to upload my videos from my camcorder to DVD - 8mm tapes.

However on the video grabber itself it has a left and right audio cable whereas my camcorder only has one port for audio. This means i can only have audio in either my left or right speaker.

I know there is a solution and it is something to do with the way the wiring is set up. I would be most grateful if someone could assist me.

Regards

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

You just need an audio RCA to stereo cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aoifethomas

thanks very much for the reply.

No way to configure the wires??
    ah damn, looks like I'm back to ebay so.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

plug in the white audio lead in and it should work as mono. will do for 8mm anyway.

when i plug the white lead in the black coloured port in the camera and then the white and red into the grabber i still only get one ear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

it is going to in one ear only as its technically the left side audio but u can mix it down afterwards in some editing software.

• Advertisement

so for audio if i use the white wire to the white wire into the left jack and say follow these instructions http://www.ehow.com/how_2131095_convert-mono-stereo.html ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭NealB

Sounds like the camera is stereo out of one port, so you need a cable that is a stereo out to separate right and left connectors that will give you both channels to your Grabber. This cable has a stereo (probably a jack at a guess) on the camera end and two outputs (phono to match the grabber) on the other. As Copacetic says an RCA to stereo cable. That's it, doesn't cost much and should look like this (depending on your output) http://www.mveducation.com/invt/64973/. Try Peats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DualBladez

MacGyver wrote: »
    plug in the white audio lead in and it should work as mono. will do for 8mm anyway.
    this

Advertisement