Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cases for desire

Options
  • 02-07-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Just wondering what (if any) cases people are using for there HTC Desire. I have a hard case but its a bit flimsy. There is a part for the back and another for the front that clip together. But I feel if I drop the phone the cover will just come apart on impact and the phone will pop out.

I have dropped the case without the phone as a test and it just comes apart which is not good.

I also have a gel case which I think would absorb an impact
    better.

What's the best material for phone cases?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Lawstud wrote: »

I have dropped the case without the phone as a test and it just comes apart which is not good.

Seriously? You "test" expensive phones by dropping them? That's a bit mad. What if the phone smashed and was permanently broken? Bad test. I wouldn't risk it!

As for a case, I use none right now. Don't know if I'll get one. Suppose I should.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    Seriously? You "test" expensive phones by dropping them? That's a bit mad. What if the phone smashed and was permanently broken? Bad test. I wouldn't risk it!

As for a case, I use none right now. Don't know if I'll get one. Suppose I should.

He said he dropped the case without the phone, not with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

I got flip on in the Meteor shop on Grafton street for €15, the phone sits nicely into the holder and you can protect the screen. They have it in two colors - black and pink. You can leave the phon in the case and use it, even for the camera. Well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

I have a case mate one, got it on pixmania for twenty quid. It fits live a glove,you wouldn't really know its on.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cisco27

bought this case and screen protector on ebay for 3.59

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170501934395

fits like a second skin, it'll keep your desire like new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

steelbar wrote: »
    I have a case mate one, got it on pixmania for twenty quid. It fits live a glove,you wouldn't really know its on.
    Does that come with a screen protector? The website doesn't say.

Not sure I'll bother with a case for the Desire anyway. I've had it without since they first released and not a scratch on it. Seems resistant enough. And I just like the feel of it too, compared to the glossy iPhone.

Advertisement