Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiroom

Options
  • 02-07-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Just about to try multiroom (on the cheap), running a mac / media player and dvd, sat, tv etc. Thinking of the CAT 6 route with baluns does anyone have any tips? Do the baluns drop the quality versus a direct connection, do you use HDMI to cat 6 to HDMI or HDMI with repeaters?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

Hi tweeky,

Have a look here. I've nothing to do with this company except that I've used some of their products from time to time when I need cheap, no lets say inexpensive, solutions..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 karlwhoriskey

from my experience make sure you use good quality cat 5 or cat6 or you will end up with picture glitches every now and then.... if the length is more than 30 metres i would reccomend using shielded cat cable for best performance. like everything balun wise you get what you pay for. gefen being the best available but also one of the pricest.

Advertisement