Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband acting up in D6W

Options
  • 02-07-2010 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hey guys,Just wanted to check if someone else has the same problem as me with the EPC2425 box since late Thursday. The problem exhibit itself as random drop of the Wireless signal and loss of phone connectivity,which after some 30 minutes of waiting (at least) + cycling of the power to the modem/router unit fixes itself for a couple of hours and then repeats...
    So .. if anyone else has/had the same problem in the last 48 hours... ;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

No problems here (Terenure) but I'm using a Scientific Atlanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bk109

Nah, it's definitely connected to the EPC2425,because I noticed with a wireless scanner that a couple of neighbours probably using this combo device,judging by the UPC****** SSID, had the same connectivity issue at around the same time... Well,that + I noticed that the normally blocked tabs in the Setup utility were enabled,which usually means that UPC are upgrading the firmware. Either way,the connection has been back since 7-ish in the morning,so hopefully it's back
    Thanks for the response btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Interesting you mention this. I have noticed bad lag and sluggishness over the past week. I have it down to the EPC2425.

My modem has been rebooted by UPC I assume 4 times now. SSID changes back to default etc.
    Overall though I am happy with UPC. Just recently I feel like I've been on a laggy service.
    I'll be digging out the dd-wrt soon anyways.
    Based in Terenure also

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bk109

Yeah,despite all the horror stories,I've only had 2-3 days worth of problematic service since December,so ... I can't really fault UPC(esp. compared to the free service at UCD). Either way,no real problems since late Saturday here (except defaulted settings on the EPC that is :D )

Advertisement