Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viral HTC Evo vs. iPhone 4 Video Gets Kid Fired from Best Buy

Options
  • 02-07-2010 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Pretty funny

Well, even though the video takes place at "Phone Mart," the kid who made it -- 25-year-old Brian Maupin -- works at Best Buy in real life. Or, he did, until his bosses discovered the video. It doesn't portray "phone mart" employees as the nicest people, and definitely shows (hilarious) disdain for customers, so Best Buy and Maupin are reportedly parting ways. D'oh.

story

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

LMAO. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

The Evo version is quite funny too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

haha thats brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Well this pretty much sums it up. :D The average customer who makes up the bulk of Apple's target audience is brilliantly pictured.
    I've never understood why people get fired from jobs for having a little fun outside the job. I see it as an abuse of power at best, a just-because-we-can attitude. W***ers. Someone give that lad a job, now. Preferably as a script writer. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

I'm a regular listener to the "Marian Finucane Show", prefer radio to TV. Anyway we all all know how celebrites, for a few bob will lend their name to any product. About 3 weeks ago she mentioned in passing that she had got an iPhone and it went something like this, " I got myself an iPhone and sure you can do a lot of things with it, but it's not a very good as a phone, I mean just for making phone-calls it doesn't do it very well" Went to get the podcast, but unfortunately this piece wasn't in it, censorship? Hmmm

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

That's brilliant OP

I'm more and more convinced that the 'i' in iPhone is for iDiot ... everyone tells you it's the best phone evar, so you don't have to think or do any research before buying it ... Result!

This week's Futurama episode "Attack of the killer app" nailed it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Advertisement