Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone memory low, but i have 3.5 GBs free on SD?

Options
  • 02-07-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭

Yeah my phone keeps telling me that the phone memory is low.

Will it use its common sense and start putting things onto my SD card or will i have to do this manually?

Thanks Guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Yeah my phone keeps telling me that the phone memory is low.

Will it use its common sense and start putting things onto my SD card or will i have to do this manually?

Thanks Guys

Have to wait till android 2.2 update (or root it yourself) before the apps can be put on the sd card, crazy i know...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yeah, media (including what you download) will go to the SD Card but apps won't. To install new apps you'll have to remove some old ones. Yes, this sucks.

As Pyro Boy said, this will be 'fixed' in Android 2.2. Or you can root the phone and setup Apps2SD yourself with a little bit of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Thanks guys,

when we getting the 2.2?

you know for the technaphobes like myself.

I know rooting is prob very easy, would have thought this would have been sorted out already with out having to mod my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I'm sure i could just delete alot of apps, i wouldn't use most of them.

Thanks for the fix guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

When you get 2.2 depends on the phone you have. The software is officially out already but it's up to the various manufacturers to port it to their phones and devices.

If you're on a HTC Desire I've heard it'll be out in the next month or two... but I wouldn't be prepared to bet on that :-/. Could be a while in all honesty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Had the same problem , clear your internet browser cache. see if that works, worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I know this can be a pain but it its helpful in that it encourages you to choose apps wisely, and uninstall any that you don't use. My phone would probably be a complete mess otherwise. :D

Advertisement