Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie help...

Options
  • 02-07-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am looking to venture into the world of visual production and here is what I have in mind...

As a musician, I have an audio recording set up (protools, macbook, mixing desk, mics, etc) whihc is fairly mobile but what I would like to do is to get some camera equipment to film a stripped down live acoustic sessions from various bands. (Bands would be performing specifically for this i.e. I wont be heading into whelans with all my equipment).

Basically the whole audio session will be recorded through protools into macbook but I would also like to also sync the video footage.

I am looking for recommendations for camera or any other equipment which might be recommended for this. I am new to all of this but very interested in learning about visual side of production. (Initially it will be friends and family I will be recording until I am fully up to speed).

Unfortunately, I don't have a huge budget for this (as I have already spent a fortune on audio equipement) but I wouldnt mind starting small and getting equipment I can build on or upgrade as things progress.

Can anyone here offer some advice on do and donts of what I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Seany

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DualBladez

Not sure what you mean tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

What is your budget for the camera equipment?

Is HD a requirement? Where will it be shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Seany

Hadnt really given much thought to a budget...the least amount that can get me started really! I would be hoping to get started for less than a grand. (Maybe I am naive thinking this!)

This is new to me so I was thinking of getting two hd cameras (maybe from adverts.ie), some lighting and some software for post prooduction.

The idea is that the recorded song and perhaps a short interview will be edited down for bands to a 10 min clip that they can feature on their myspace page or on their websites, etc

Is there anything cameras/software you guys would particularly recommend?

Thanks again.
    Seany

Advertisement