Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 116

Options
  • 02-07-2010 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Anyone got thoughts on this??? Dont usually bet on MMA but this has me interested only for the fact that Lesner vs Carwin can't wait for it..

Krzysztof Soszynski vs Stephan Bonnar... Just read that these two met in Feb and from that it seems Bonnar was going too win by decision until the ref stepped in and stopped the fight because of cuts checked the odds there and Krzysztof @ 1.40 and Bonnar @ 2.87??? Odds from BET365

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

check out the worst odds ever for Lesnar/Carwin - will fight go the distance? No is 1/16 :D

Carwin has a more accomplished stand up but Brocks a better wrestler (and his camp has been focused a LOT on wrestling) whereas carwin is tarining for a more MMA approach to the fight over at Team Jackson (which means he;s guaranteed a good gameplan). It's tough to call. Worth a punt on Carwin as the underdog though.

I think akiyama is a better fighter than Leben, cleaner standup and great Judo, whereas Leben is a heavy handed brawler. The problem is Akiyama was training for Wanderlei Silva and last minute opponent changes (even if Leben is a similar style to Wand) can throw guys off. Leben is taking it on short notice so you'd expect Akiyama to be in better shape despite Leben only having fought a few weeks ago.... 2 weight cuts in a short space of time can be draining. So I'd go for Akiyama here. I expect him to be sharper.

Lytle vs Brown is interesting. Lytle is far more experience with a black belt in BJJ and a former pro boxer but he seems to lack that cutting edge to knock people out or submit them. Brown may not be as technically sound but he has that killer instinct and goes in for the kill, I expect Lytle to win but it's a tough call.

I think Bonnar will beat Krzysztof Soszynski pretty convincingly. Soszynski got the better of him on the feet in the 1st fightuntil the accidental headbutt (that should have been a no contest) but I think Bonnar will have learned from that and he's far better on the ground IMO. BUT if it stays on the feet I'd bet on Soszynski. Tough to call betting wise.

Kurt Pelligrino vs George Sotiropoulos is an interesting one. Normally I'd go for Kurt, but he came out today and said if he doesn't win he may retire. No fighter should ever go in thinking like that. They should be 100% focused on the fight so that makes it tricker to predict. I'll stick with Kurt but it's a tough one.

I think akiyama is a better fighter than Leben, cleaner standup and great Judo, whereas Leben is a heavy handed brawler. The problem is Akiyama was training for Wanderlei Silva and last minute opponent changes (even if Leben is a similar style to Wand) can throw guys off. Leben is taking it on short notice so you'd expect Akiyama to be in better shape despite Leben only having fought a few weeks ago.... 2 weight cuts in a short space of time can be draining. So I'd go for Akiyama here. I expect him to be sharper.

I have to disagree, I think Leben will win. He looked good in his last fight(well after 1st round) and he said he see's akiyama as a weaker version of Simpson. I think he'll just try to walk through everything and throw that left hand all night.....so basically do exact same he does in every fight :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Team Lezner over here
    :D

Don't think it'll be as good as 115 Barry vs Crocop though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

I have been waiting for lesnar vs carwin and have had 50 on carwin ko/tko at 11/8 on betfair....granted brocks chin has not been tested and he may have a head like a brick but i think carwins power and superior striking will be the big difference in this one. Can we be sure that brock is completly recovered from his serious illness..

Though im just happy that these two monsters are gonna clash...should be a good scrap whatever happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

GOOOOO ON BONNAR:D..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Lesner is a ****ing weapon, beaten to death in the 1st and then gets a subbmission in the 2nd within 20 seconds...HERO :D

I wonder if anyone forseen that finish:eek:... Hats off too Lesnar love that finish.. What was the odds on a Lesnar win by submission???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

matt1958 wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone forseen that finish:eek:... Hats off too Lesnar love that finish.. What was the odds on a Lesnar win by submission???

It was 14/1 on Paddy Power! Glad I took the chance now :D

It was 14/1 on Paddy Power! Glad I took the chance now :D

:confused: U placed a bet on Lesnar too submit Carwin??? Can i get a loan of your crystal ball:D

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    I have to disagree, I think Leben will win. He looked good in his last fight(well after 1st round) and he said he see's akiyama as a weaker version of Simpson. I think he'll just try to walk through everything and throw that left hand all night.....so basically do exact same he does in every fight :confused::D

well, got it right about Leben walking through everything......wtf's in that guys skull? :eek:

Absolute fantasic fight!
    Kod-box wrote: »
    Lesner is a ****ing weapon, beaten to death in the 1st and then gets a subbmission in the 2nd within 20 seconds...HERO :D

Carwin punched himself out in the 1st round. Nevermind inconsistancy in the football.... whats going on with the ref's recently?

Jardine was deducted point for kickin(unintentional) Hamill in the balls 2 weeks ago by Herb Dean, but Dean said nothing when someone got kicked the other night.

How many times I've seen Mazzagati(sp?) end fights when theres a fighter down and only trying to cover up....but he let Lesner stay on ground for about 40 seconds taking BIG punches to the head and let him fight on.

Advertisement