Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use Back to Mac

Options
  • 02-07-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Anyone know how to set up an eircom router/modem so I can use "Back to Mac" (part of MobileMe)

At the moment it is blocked from working (red light in "Back to Mac" in MobileMe in System Preferences.

I suspect that some ports need to opened on the router, but not sure which ones or how.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin_mulhern

You will need to find out which ports need to be opened.

go to your browser>192.168.1.254 in the address and press return>click customer services on the left>click define custom services and then open required ports

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin_mulhern

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

macuser56 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to set up an eircom router/modem so I can use "Back to Mac" (part of MobileMe)

At the moment it is blocked from working (red light in "Back to Mac" in MobileMe in System Preferences.

I suspect that some ports need to opened on the router, but not sure which ones or how.

Thanks.

It's a pain in the ass. Use logmein to access your Macs (or PCs). It's simple, free and a real Godsend. There's an iPhone app for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

macuser56 wrote: »

Thanks.

You can't do it - although the router offers you the chance to open ports etc, they remain closed (or the effect is similar - data doesn't get through).

My dad had this issue, and I tried everything, including all the procedures shown on the web, and nothing worked, until I changed the router, and then it worked first time, and every time since, with no special set-up...

Advertisement