Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different Price from Agent and Airline?

Options
  • 02-07-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Booked flights last week through an online travel agent, on final page of booking was given a full euro price of the flights (for example say €500) and that the flights would be shown on my credit card as the airline and not the agent, also received emails confirming the prices. Credit card statement arrived yesterday, flights were on it but the price of the flights were charged to me as £ stg (eg £500) which meant I was charged the exchange rate. Contacted the agents and forwarded them a copy of my booking form confirming the euro price and a copy of the statement confirming the price I had been charged, they are currently "looking into it". Before and if they come back to me was just wondering where I stand in relation to receiving a refund of the difference or the full price and who is responsible for this, the airline or the agent? Any advice would be a great help, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You booked through the agent, so all your contact and complaints go to them. A refund may come from the airline, but your contact is through the agent. If you get no refund at all, your issue will remain with the agent, and any action you take should be against them.

Advertisement