Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amalgamated fisheries?

Options
  • 02-07-2010 4:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

anybody know anything about this? some new thing passed today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

I think this refers to the amalgamation of the regional Fisheries Boards into one Central board.

"A streamlined agency which will oversee inland fishery management in the State has come into being today (1 July 2010).

The Central Fisheries Board and the seven regional boards have been merged into Inland Fisheries Ireland.

The new body is responsible for the protection, management and conservation of the inland fishery resources across the State. Ireland has over 70,000 kilometres of rivers and streams and 144,000 hectares of lake all of which fall under its jurisdiction."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

why do i get this horrible feeling that this is not a good thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

flanum wrote: »
    why do i get this horrible feeling that this is not a good thing?

just a means of saving money.............fewer staff...... a few paid off and 'retired' already......some same old policies....some same old faces......new name, thats all.

Advertisement