Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the IRA, why do they have support?

Options
  • 02-07-2010 4:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

well basically, my question is, why do people support the IRA. i mean realistically, they actually are terrorists. i know the brits dubbed the original IRA terrorists when they were actual honorable soldiers. but the IRA, as in, continuity, provisional (in its later years), real, etc. they actually do conduct terrorism. they've killed irish soldiers, murdered civilians in the name of a good cause, run crime rackets etc. i mean look at the likes of the omagh bombing, or any bombing for that matter! its disgusting, their killing people, just people, not british soldiers, not british politicians, not the UVF (so essentially not actually killing the enemy) but yet irish people still support them, the same people that seam to me to say (oh yea its all sacrifice for a good cause) that if their loved ones were blown up for no reason they'd be the 1st people to call the IRA murderers... everyone knows the cause for which the IRA are...well, fighting as they call it, is a really really good important cause, but yet everyone knows their murderers. why do people not distinguish between sheer bloody murder and a justifiable conflict? im not trying to start arguements here so relax, i just want to here as much opinions as i can so i can enrich my own

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

This is liable to get out of hand rapidly, we've enough (P)IRA threads here.

As it's a political question, it's better suited for the politics forum.

NTM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement