Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Without Gambling

Options
  • 02-07-2010 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hello Folks,I was just wondering could many of ye live without gambling?
    I know I could if I needed to but I just do it for a bit of fun and interest.I have never gotten too serious with it and the most I'd gamble is what i could afford to lose weather that be 500 - 5 Euro.After these 6 years of Legal Gambling I'd estimate I'm in Profit of about 5000 which is pretty poor considering the time span.Would just like to know how Big it is in your life and if you could live a day/week/mont/year without it.

Forzakid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

€5000 profit it still a nice profit man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

Doocey wrote: »
    €5000 profit it still a nice profit man ;)
    Ahhh It is but ye dont really notice it as you buy Clothes,Beer,Holidays and all that.I think The Buzz of winning a race is equal to Win Money if you get me??

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I could do it no bother, I took numerous breaks before, For various reasons. Doesn't bother me whether I gamble or not, I just do it for the fun. Making money at the racing helps keep my interest, If I lost money I wouldn't waste my time. Once I stopped betting on the majority football games and horse races I've made a small fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

i took a break last year for a few months and when i came back i started betting more sensibly and i stopped betting on every possible event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I do enjoy a bet. However, I could go without if necessary. Still, once you can control of it it's harmless fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

All the craic for me. I don't do it to really win the money but more so for the joy of winning a bet and watching a game with something on it. I was recently away for over a year and didn't touch one bet so i've no addiction or need to gamble. Just a kind of hobby. Without the internet i'd probably never gamble as i hate bookie shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭new shoes

I couldnt! Even as im not working I still enjoy a cheeky fiver here and there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Juwwi

lt would'nt bother me not gambling but life without boards isnt worth thinking about.
    Even the taught sends a shiver down my spine.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

I enjoy it but I only like betting on bigger events, don't bet all week but keep my eyes open

my biggest gripe is most of the time theres nothing decent to bet on. World Cup has been a godsend. racing is normally rooobish midweek. this week one of the better ones with July meeting though

If it aint fun though, it aint worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

If youre on a long losing streak the fun starts to fade.
    But nothing like a good winner to get you back in it though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement