Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting WTV

Options
  • 01-07-2010 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a good way to convert the windows media center WTV files into divx, xvid, etc something good for storage ?

I've tried a few things (super,etc) but nothing seems to work properly, the right click 'convert to .dvr-ms Format' works when I record through the composite from the satellite box but when I record straight from the lnb into my DVB-S in the right click convert comes up with 'WTV converter cannot convert the file from .wtv to .dvr-ms format because the content is not compatible with the .dvr-ms file format'. I dont really care about the dvr-ms format just want to get it to divx, but I think since I'm going directly from the satellite to WMC with the program guide that some sort of copy protection is being added on, is that right scratch.gif

I can record using other software (avermedia center, DVBprog, Sony Vegas) into any format but WMC is so easy and has the program guide I'd just like to be able to convert the files it makes.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

I still haven't found a way, anyone got any idea ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Try MPEG Streamclip.

It's normally pretty decent for converting things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Hi AnonoBoy, I tried MPEG Streamclip but it doesn't work, thanks anyway, the search goes on!

Advertisement