Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job burnout.

Options
  • 01-07-2010 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Head is really fuzzy at the moment so not even sure what I am trying to write.
    I have a high responsibility job that pays quite well. Up until recently I had considered myself quite good at it. Very good in fact. Right now however I dont even feel like I can go back in the door. I am seriously cracking up.
    I cant go on stress leave as that would ruin my career and destroy any chance of a decent reference. I cant keep going there as I am so stressed I feel like I could give myself a heart attack and I am terrified I will lose it at work. I cant leave the job as I need the money. Anti-depressants have done little to nothing except make me more calm when stressing out (yes I know it doesnt make sense)
    I. do. not. know. what. to. do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I feel for you op.

I felt like that a while ago.

I would try and take about 3 weeks off and get out of Ireland - you need a total scene of scenery.

It won't solve the issue, but it will get sort out your head and in my case allowed me to go back to work until I found something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

That's terrible, Is it possible you can bring this to your superiors attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Cullen82 wrote: »
    That's terrible, Is it possible you can bring this to your superiors attention?

Already tried. Got the "everybody is stressed" response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

OP why do you suddenly not feel like you're any good at your job? Did something happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Could you get your GP to sign you off for a few weeks with a different illness eg. bronchitis or pneumonia, and not say its stress? Give yourself a few weeks break, take stock and decide what options you have.

Is a career break a possibility either?Stay on the anti Ds if theyre making you calm,thats the point of them.

And remember...everybodys replaceable and dispensible in a job. Its not worth making yourself ill over it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement