Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Premier: Audio Problem/Windows

Options
  • 01-07-2010 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi,

Doing some editing work on a project. We shot the footage on a Sony EX1 and after importing the files in to Premier no audio seems to be picked up. You can't even see the soundwaves.

The audio is certainly there. Viewed some of the footage through VLC beforehand.

Can anyone advise on what to try as it was our first time shooting on a EX1 and not sure quite how to get things going.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

How did you import the footage into Premiere? What output from the camera did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

My first guess would be that your computer doesn't quite meet the sound requirments of Premiere but is just below it so that it can still run it but mightn't be able to read it through. My other more mundane guess would be that when in capture mode you didn't have the Audio box clicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

presuming you did everything write, a helpful hint if youre in a hurry might be to try and convert teh footagge to a different format.software like cinemaforge you can download from download.cnet will do the job.it just might work when ur in a pinch and have tried everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

That's a good point brian. Certain formats don't read audio in Premiere. I know compressed avi doesn't. Convert it to wmv and try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

You can try this fix to see if that provides a solution for you.

It has done for me in the past with compressed AVI straight from the camera.

What format is the camera compressing the audio to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

If you select the incorrect audio when opening the project it will not play eg. 44000 instead of 48000 ect.

Try each project type for xdcam until you find the correct one.

Advertisement