Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Lottery wont Pay Out.

Options
  • 01-07-2010 2:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

On Liveline now a woman won 400Eur on a scratchcard but the National Lottery wont pay her out because it was a winning streak ticket and the show is over for the summer, what a shower of scam artists:mad:
    So she buys the ticket and they wont pay her out.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Don't worry, Joe will have the national lottery shut down in no time, killing the nation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

There is a claim by date on the cards. I feel sorry for her loss but have no sympathy because she didn't make the claim in time.

You hardly think they are trying to scam her.............

• Registered Users Posts: 33,107 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

On Liveline now a woman won 400Eur on a scratchcard but the National Lottery wont pay her out because it was a winning streak ticket and the show is over for the summer, what a shower of scam artists:mad:
    So she buys the ticket and they wont pay her out.

They put it up on the market, they pay out. It's basically fraud to sell the card in the first place if that's their standing.

EDIT - where does it say when she bought it?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Ahhh i read it as

National Lottery wont Put Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

The place that sold it to her is at fault if she bought since the series ended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Someone ringing Joe Duffy to complain?
    This country is gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Did she buy it recently? Is there a stated expiry date on the card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Double taxation of the idiot tax?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    They put it up on the market, they pay out. It's basically fraud to sell the card in the first place if that's their standing.

EDIT - where does it say when she bought it?

She got it as a birthday present this week, she went to the G.P.O and they said its invalid, so thats it folks in the off chance you won on scratch card they wont pay out and they are the cowards in the National Lottery wont talk to Joe about it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lilminx

Joe tweets
    What happens when you find a winning scratch card - but it's 4 years old

http://twitter.com/talktojoe1850

If it's the same situation - ouch, but c'mon like 4 years later? Although if it was me I'd be very annoyed.

Actually reminds me I've one somewhere with 4 quid on it.. better find it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

She got it as a birthday present this week, she went to the G.P.O and they said its invalid, so thats it folks in the off chance you won on scratch card they wont pay out and they are the cowards in the National Lottery wont talk to Joe about it:mad:

You are very outraged for someone not in possession of the full facts. I used to delivery for the Lottery and, if I recall correctly the cards expire three months before the gameshow ends.

Sounds like she was given a really old card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Surely that's unconstitutional?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

OP are you sure you dont work for the national lottery . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lilminx

Oh well question answered..

This week and they won't pay out?! That's ridiculous in fairness..

Wonders if the person that gave it to her just found it in the bottom of a handbag and stuck in the card cos they forgot it was her birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

There's a date that you have to claim prizes by on the back of those cards, isn't there?

If it was after that date then the shop shouldn't have sold it. She can get her 1 euro back but she's not entitled to more.

Tough sh*t! Talk to Joe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

Don't worry, Joe will have the national lottery shut down in no time, killing the nation

Joe never fixed any problem

He just says 'ah isnt that terrible, i feel so sorry for you - look we had another caller say the same thing! time for a commercial break now...'

Then the Government / national lottery / who ever it is can continue doing the same **** as usual.

Complaining to Joe is like complaining to /dev/null

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    There's a date that you have to claim prizes by on the back of those cards, isn't there?

If it was after that date then the shop shouldn't have sold it. She can get her 1 euro back but she's not entitled to more.

Tough sh*t! Talk to Joe!

Yeah it says 90 days but as your woman says 90 days from what date, sharp practice, thats the last time i will have anything to do with the National Lottery:mad:.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I bet the friend who offered her the 4 year old scratch card is both mortified and raging she didn't just scratch it herself a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Afaik its 90 days from the end of the game, so therefore the Winning Streak game finished at the end of May iifc so she should have til the end of august to claim. You will find a notice from the National Lottery in the papers when a scratch card game has finished i think as well.

Advertisement