Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filming in the Airport

Options
  • 01-07-2010 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea if this is allowed?

I've to film two short sketches, and the brief revolves around the airport.

I'd ideally like to film the subjects within the airport (departures lounge) and obviously take in some of the features of the airport such as the large flight schedule board etc

I don't have the resources available for this project to create a mock up / get extra's etc or use a studio for filming.

I had considered trying to find some stock airport terminal footage, and filming my subjects on a green screen - but I fear trying to find decent stock footage for use (preferably for free) would prove a fairly hard task.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Which airport?
    I'll assume Dublin from your username and location

http://www.dublinairport.com/about-us/media-centre/photography-filming.asp
    http://www.shannonairport.com/company/mediacentre/mediaguidelines.html
    http://www.corkairport.com/business/photography.html

From checking the websites Cork is the only one that seems they would welcome you but certainly apply

If this is commerical you'll have to pay a fee.
    If this is a student project you'll probably ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Interestingly... when I was at Cork Airport last week there was a film crew in the security area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Bugger, sorry, yeah Dublin Airport.

Funny, its neither student film, or for commercial gain. Its for an internal company presentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭NealB

Not sure how they will take to student films but I have filmed for documentary in Shannon, Donegal and Dublin airports. No problems. You will need to produce your public liability insurance. If you want to go through to the passengers waiting areas etc security will come with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

The DAA are a bit difficult to deal with, unless you know someone.
    I have been on a shoot where due to the DAA saying no the ferry terminal on the North wall was used instead of the Airport, worked quite well, has a carousel ect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

You will definitely need to seek permission and make sure you have full media/public liability insurance in place as well because that's the first thing they will ask to see.

keefg wrote: »
    You will definitely need to seek permission and make sure you have full media/public liability insurance in place as well because that's the first thing they will ask to see.

Insurance isn't a problem.

I sent through a request to them earlier from the link provided by feelingstressed.

Cheers guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭NealB

I sent through a request to them earlier from the link provided by feelingstressed.

Let us know how you get on, best of luck with the shoot.

NealB wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on, best of luck with the shoot.

Cheers, hopefully they accept it :o

Advertisement