Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad haircut (only noticeable when windy)

Options
  • 01-07-2010 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I'm a man in my thirties. Until recently I had long hair tied back in a ponytail but I decided to get it cut last month. It took a few days but I got used to having short hair. I got it cut again a few days ago. This time I got it slightly shorter. The hairdresser then asked "will I take some of the weight off of it?" I had no idea what she meant so I just said yes.

When I got home and washed my hair I noticed the front was shorter than the back. I don't just mean the fringe; there's a large part in front that's about half the length as the rest of it. It looked alright when I put it into place with wax though. However yesterday it was very windy and the front of my hair kept blowing up and staying in mid-air until I pulled it down with my hands. It looked like I had gotten an electric shock. I noticed there's also a few parts in other areas, mainly in the middle of my hair where I part it, that are shorter and stick up. My hair doesn't look terrible or anything until there's a gust of wind, but when that happens it does look pretty ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm just wondering is this what the hairdresser meant when she said "will I take some of the weight off of it?". If I had known I was going to end up with random shorter bits of hair I would never have said yes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Your hair might have been quite thick, so she took out some of the bulk, or weight.

Everybody's hair looks bad in the wind. Use some product to keep it neat if it bothers you that much. Also, there is a huge adjustment period when you go from long to short. tbh, it doesn't sound like you got a bad haircut, it just sounds like you're not totally used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

vibrant wrote: »
    Your hair might have been quite thick, so she took out some of the bulk, or weight.

Everybody's hair looks bad in the wind. Use some product to keep it neat if it bothers you that much. Also, there is a huge adjustment period when you go from long to short. tbh, it doesn't sound like you got a bad haircut, it just sounds like you're not totally used to it.

It is pretty thick hair. You might be right that I'm not used to it. It does look reasonable enough when it's not windy. I do use wax but I might use a little more to keep the front in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

There's loads and loads of products out there, so don't just limit yourself to wax! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

vibrant wrote: »
    There's loads and loads of products out there, so don't just limit yourself to wax! :)

Thanks for the advice. I might try something else in my hair.

I got it cut again somewhere else today. I just got the back cut the same length as the front. That won't stop the front blowing around but at least it's even.

Advertisement