Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Cube Hooper - Can You Help?

Options
  • 01-07-2010 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello all, my bike was stolen from my front garden yesterday (June 30th 2010, Crumlin, Dublin) in what can only be described as an opportunistic theft as it happened in the 30 seconds it took me to get from my side gate, walk throught the house and to the front door.
    (this would make me think that it was a random scumbag as opposed to an organised bike stealing gang)

It is quite a unique model as I ordered it online and have not seen this model on the streets of Dublin yet (images attached) - B+W Cube Hooper.

Distinctive features:
    - Had clips front and back for attaching mud guards
    - Had baby seat carrier attachment (may be now removed)

If anyone has any information or sees the bike on the streets of Dublin if they could let me know it would be really appreciated and I will offer a cash reward if I get it back. I'm pretty lost without this bike.

Thank you all.
    T.

hooper09.jpg

cube_hooper1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

30 seconds! FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I know how you feel, my bike was stolen last Tuesday. We should set up a support group :pac:. I'll definitely keep an eye out for it. Every time I get the bus (which I unfortunately have to do due to not having a bike :() I scan the streets for my bike, so I'll be looking for yours too.

A good idea might be to hand out flyers with pcis of your bike to the couriers that are always sitting around the Baggot St. entrance of St. Stephen's green, they probably see loads of bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Thomas Allen

Yes Lumen, 30 seconds. Raging.

Piste thanks for that, and good idea about the Couriers, willl definitely head to those hang outs and hand out some flyers...

Yes, getting the bus in this morning was painful, I would hate to have to rely on them all the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Sorry to hear about the bike.

It was either very opportunistic, or someone living close by who knows your routine and knew the bike would be unattended for a short time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 azz1

Hi , well this is sad.. but I buyed this bike yesterday from a gipsy. Your bike is no longer in the UK, it's in Romania..at me now. really sorry, just wanted to tell you this because you shouldnt hope anymore.. gratz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Genuine WTF

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

azz1 banned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement