Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microdermabrasion??

Options
  • 01-07-2010 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Just wondering if you've had the above facial before done professionally and how much did you pay? I got one done before Christmas and it cost me 175E and then the pushy beautician sales woman practically bullied me into buying 3 different hugely expensive cream, cleanser and serum for the aftercare and daily routine. I have to say my skin felt and looked amazing after it but I can't afford to pay that kind of money again. Have browsed the internet and found a couple of places that are doing it for approx 100E. Dya think this is the going rate? Although I know it's worth it and cheaper than the other one I think it's still quite steep, or is this just me? I've seen people mention on here about doing it yourself but the thought of that scares me as don't want to be possibly left red raw!!! Thanks in advance for any advice. Ps I'm in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

hiya
    ive had microdermabrasion done before...thought it was alright but nothing spectacular. i went for a course of dr murad glycolic peels, and thought that they were really amazing, not as harsh on your skin but with deeper results. i got mine in silk and ginger in ratoath and the girls are lovely there, not pushy at all which i cant stand and totally turns me off a place.
    i do have pretty good skin and was looking for something to even out the tone and freshen up and i was really happy with my results.
    i guess i just didnt like the dermabrasion thing sucking and pulling at your skin...plus getting the peel done was totally relaxing and pampering!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I had a MD Formulations Illuminating facial done recently - €110.00, took about an hour, which included a peal.

I also wasn't mad about the sucking/pulling, and whilst I noticed a difference to y skin afterwards - it wasn't that dramatic - and it made no difference at all to how my makeup looked like after (part of the advertising blurb). On balance, the result for me didn't feel any different to a regular facial.

If you do go for one, remember you can't put on makeup until the next day, and it will leave your skin fairly flushed for a few hours.

She did try a bit of a sales pitch - but was out of stock on the only product I said I'd consider :D

Advertisement