Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest payout?

Options
  • 01-07-2010 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what's the biggest payout you guys have ever received?

I think I am still waiting for the 4figure payout, got €867 yesterday so think that's one of my biggest

Been close to 5,000 3times, all ending in heartbreak unfortunately but sure we have all had them days!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

My biggest was €1,150 on a football accum a year and a half ago though done the actual bet in Blackpool but couldn't collect it till I got home and they ripped me with the exchange rate they gave but wasn't complaining at the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,425 ✭✭✭✭kippy

About 670 euro on a 3 team (very unlikely teams as well) 3 euro acca a few years ago on an FA cup weekend.
    Have also won 500 a couple of times on soccer accumulators and was close to it again last week until Nigeria let me down.
    Sadly though I think the bookie is well up in his dealings with me. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

10 k here when sea the stars won her maiden from 3 bookies between 3 of us

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

sfwcork wrote: »
    10 k here when sea the stars won her maiden from 3 bookies between 3 of us

The best colt of the this century...nice payout

The best colt of the this century...nice payout

Oh yeah without doubt.And the maiden he ran in first was some maiden.I will never know how bookies made the mistake with sea the stars on 2nd run and having him over 2/1.Normally the bookies are clued in with regards to big yards,espically laddies and paddies.It was a well kept secret how good he was.Not every yard is able to be smart enough to keep it zipped

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

From a single event it was Inglis Drever when he won the World Hurdle in 2008. Lumped on at 6/1 & 11/2 and had bits and pieces on Betfair also ante post. This topped my previous best which was a lumpy each way bet on Fota Island in The Grand Annual in 2005. In a single day it was the Thursday of this year's Cheltenham Festival. Backed Alberta's Run at 25/1 & Copper Bleu at 16/1. As many of my friends commented at the time its a shame I didn't chance a small each way double. Can't let a thread like this go by without mentioning the 2003 Cheltenham festival either!

I had a scoop 6 one day going in2 the last leg...nethless to say it didnt win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

About Two Fiddy:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭new shoes

Think 250 on a score case :(

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pejesus

had a 10000s about 5 years ago and have had a few 1000s since all on horse multi bets the 10000s was a 100 euro bet i would have had more only for a very very suspect rule 4 the best thing about the bet was i was going to australia a few weeks after it plus a few friends had the same bet on.:D:D one of the horse won in a photo

Leopardstown Sun, 23rd Jan, 2005 took the morning prices a little better than sp

Ulaan Baatar 1.40 10/1 sp

Macs Joy 2.45 11/8 sp

Joint Agreement 3.50 2/1 sp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

nearly 2k for a €5 e/w double across 2 golf tourneys,1st comp C.Kerr wins 16/1in a 5 hole playoff on the Saturday
    bet goin on to Stewart Cink 22/1 is 9 shots behind with 1 round to go,he wins in (i think)a 4 hole playoff v Ted Purdy,
    best ever by a mile for me

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cheater

1000+ both times.. can't remember exact figures

10 euro e/w on a 50/1 virtual horse (now usually I wouldn't bet like that but was up good money at the time) followed by 10 euro e/w on a 25/1 virtual horse a race or two later both won!

and most recently 2.50euro reverse forecast on the virtual horses 20/1 beat a 25/1 horse.. think the forecast paid 460ish

Also had a euro tricast come up on the virtual horses which paid 650ish aswell.. so all in all the virtual horses have been good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

cheater wrote: »
    What did you win the 1000+ on?

u bet ion the virtual/cartoon racing? oh man

• Registered Users Posts: 18,425 ✭✭✭✭kippy

10 euro e/w on a 50/1 virtual horse (now usually I wouldn't bet like that but was up good money at the time) followed by 10 euro e/w on a 25/1 virtual horse a race or two later both won!

and most recently 2.50euro reverse forecast on the virtual horses 20/1 beat a 25/1 horse.. think the forecast paid 460ish

Also had a euro tricast come up on the virtual horses which paid 650ish aswell.. so all in all the virtual horses have been good to me
    Virtual racing? Are you mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

now usually I wouldn't bet like that

Just as well you do :pac:

I assume you do these regular if you're doing forecasts and tricasts.
    Bit like playing 49's really, all numbers isn't it.

Never backed the virtual myself, backed a greyhound once...that was bad enough :pac:

My biggest wins have been a couple of placepots around the 800 mark.

have got 100/1 plus winners in golf but always lay off during round 4 so never have the balls to hang around for the few grand or nothing payout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭new shoes

pejesus wrote: »
    had a 10000s about 5 years ago and have had a few 1000s since all on horse multi bets the 10000s was a 100 euro bet i would have had more only for a very very suspect rule 4 the best thing about the bet was i was going to australia a few weeks after it plus a few friends had the same bet on.:D:D one of the horse won in a photo

Leopardstown Sun, 23rd Jan, 2005 took the morning prices a little better than sp

Ulaan Baatar 1.40 10/1 sp

Macs Joy 2.45 11/8 sp

Joint Agreement 3.50 2/1 sp

Beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Mon Mome.
    €15 win @180s and €5 place @25s on Betfair
    OOHHHHHHH WHAT A RUSHHHHHHHHHH :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Mine was 2k on a first goalscorer treble.

Haven't come close since!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Mine was Huricane Run in the king George 2006, had 5k on him at 11/10, back him the night before could not sleep or anything, wow what a rush when he won, i was walking on clouds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

Have been lucky enough with some betfair hits:

10 on Zach Johnson @ 340 when he won masters
    Mon Momme @ 350 - matched 7

Best but in many ways unluckiest was:

€3 each way lucky 15 in Galway 2 years ago:

Winterdown Star (won at around 10's)
    Celtic Dane (won @ 14's)
    Reisk Superman (won @ 5's)
    Last leg was on Zhukov @ 7's in the last and I remember watching it from the car park in the lashing rain - Amy Kathleen Parsons got it boxed in couldnt get out until too late. Finished 5th in the end. It won about 2 runs later! I also note it runs today in Bellewstown!!

I won around €4,500 but was very close to €40k!! That was the one that got away.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,277 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

deewhy wrote: »
    Have been lucky enough with some betfair hits:

10 on Zach Johnson @ 340 when he won masters
    Mon Momme @ 350 - matched 7

Best but in many ways unluckiest was:

€3 each way lucky 15 in Galway 2 years ago:

Winterdown Star (won at around 10's)
    Celtic Dane (won @ 14's)
    Reisk Superman (won @ 5's)
    Last leg was on Zhukov @ 7's in the last and I remember watching it from the car park in the lashing rain - Amy Kathleen Parsons got it boxed in couldnt get out until too late. Finished 5th in the end. It won about 2 runs later! I also note it runs today in Bellewstown!!

I won around €4,500 but was very close to €40k!! That was the one that got away.

:confused:

could you not have layed the last horse???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

rarnes1 wrote: »

No it was a lucky 15 - I was on track either way. Could have layed an individual bet I suppose on Betfair but didnt think of doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

rarnes1 wrote: »

Why lay it when he fancied it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tiernanmul_gos

few soccer accum in low 100s but i won 500 on greece to win euro 2004 got them at 100/1 at start

• Registered Users Posts: 45,277 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

deewhy wrote: »
    No it was a lucky 15 - I was on track either way. Could have layed an individual bet I suppose on Betfair but didnt think of doing it
    Verance wrote: »
    Why lay it when he fancied it? :confused:

He knew he had 3 winners and over 4k bagged already.

If the last horse had of won it was gonna be 40k.

He could have laid the last horse for a sizeable sum thus gauranteeing a win either way.

But as he says, he was at the track, it might not have been possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

couple of bets that returned €150. best was grand natioanl 09 had mon mome 5 ew at 100/1 cerium 500/1 5 e/w bless extra place specials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Some great wins there...

Mine is Eur 25,000 - as documented here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055896518

Haven't had a bet since I won, but might be tempted with some more ante-posts for the new season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I have an €1800 long term double that's still alive and one has already come through.

Inter to win the C.L and the netherlands to win the world cup. This was done 6 months.

Other than that only a few big three figue payouts and a few big poker wins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Incorporating Haj

turbobaby wrote: »
    Some great wins there...

Mine is Eur 25,000 - as documented here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055896518

Haven't had a bet since I won, but might be tempted with some more ante-posts for the new season.

Outstanding stuff

Advertisement