Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove GPS sounds from Music Player Desire

Options
  • 01-07-2010 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

I have a HTC desire and love it. Only problem is the GPS sounds are in the Music Player. Everytime I put it on random every second 'song' is turn right etc gets a bit irritating!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

A bit tedious but not that difficult to solve.

Make an empty file in notepad and save it as ".nomedia" making sure that the file is .nomedia and not .nomedia.txt . The full stop at the start is intentional. Leave out the quotation marks.

When you've done that copy the file in to folders where you don't want the music player to index sound files. Just bear in mind that it doesn't work on subfolders so you need to place a .nomedia file in each and every subfolder where those GPS sound files are located.

I've attached a ready made .nomedia file in case windows gives you any problems trying to make a file without a proper filename ;)

Advertisement