Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PP Enhanced odds question

Options
  • 30-06-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Basically I was in the bookies the other day and had a bit of hardship getting paid 6/4 which was given as an enhanced odds for favourite. When my bet came in I was told that payment was 11/8. I pointed out there was enhanced odds and I was due to be paid on 6/4. The teller was saying that either there was no enhanced price on that race or I was late putting on. Pointing out to her that it was an enhanced price and that it wudnt make a blind bit of difference when i put it as the sp was 11/8 so was advanced on that....she rang head office and I got my extra 1/8th not much but the principle was more........ thats just background to my query. I was in the same bookies this evening and same teller was having an agrument with a customer about an enhanced price. I didnt bother giving my 2 cents cause didnt want the hardship again. Anyway lad places bet on show price.... odds for fav were enhanced. He won went to collect and was being told as he didnt have written down the enhanced odds on his slip he was being paid on sp only. he was rightly bemused and asked why are u bothering putting on promotion if not paying out.....he took sp and left annoyed and confused.

My question is this...apologises for long background but i have developed a grudge to that teller. If I place a bet and the odds are subsequently enhanced I take it you do not get paid out on this increase cause the bet was placed before. but as price changes the enhanced price changes to reflect the market swing. In sum up this guy got shafted and should have got that price but its not as clear cut as my incident as I have taken the price..........can someone clarify why they have issues here. I know they just swipe and see the price of payout... im confusing things but u know what i mean.... i await a clarifier....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,310 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

If the price is enhanced you must state this on your docket. You did this so should have been paid the higher price, other guy opted for SP so shouldn't get it. Although why he didn't take a price when they're guaranteed is beyone me.

Advertisement