Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cry easily

Options
  • 30-06-2010 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I would cry easily. I seldom cry when I was a teenage.

But now at early 30's, I cry so much easily. A book, a story from others, a movie some thoughts, when I am alone... sometimes I would think of my personal experience/ issues, sometimes I just feel awful for the people who are suffering in the stories... a few days a week that I would cry.

I am generally a pleasant person, but I just cry so easily now that I wonder whether I have suppressed my 'negative' feelings some way and released when I cry for others....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

Crying easily isn't a bad trait, It's positive you care about other people.
    Try not to let it upset you to much. My mother is very sensitive and emotional
    and cries at everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,595 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

My girlfriend cries at everything sad or even close to sad. Once she ended up in tears over one of the RSPCA ads.

Nothing unhealthy at all OP, she's just more emotional than some people, something thats neither a good thing nor a bad thing, just a thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I think it's a good thing, you're emotional and feel compassion and care for others.

If people want a test
    If you youtube the cartoon Bambi where his mother gets shot and don't cry, you have a heart of stone :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 78,348 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Some people actually like to cry, it shows they are still in touch with their emotions.

My friend cried at the end fo "Gladiator" and I was there thinking "WTF?", but since then, I've experienced some losses and from time to time things get to much and it might only take a small thing to make it overspill.

However, if you feel this is interfering in your ordinary day to day life, feel free to mention it to your GP.

Advertisement