Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to FETAC level 5?

Options
  • 30-06-2010 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Really, I see people getting level 5s, but where can I view a list of available classes to get a fetac? I mean a website :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The easiest approach is to go onto the website of your local VEC and find the Colleges of Further Education, who offer most of the Fetac qualifications. Check up the college website for lists of certificates available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭johanz

looksee wrote: »
    The easiest approach is to go onto the website of your local VEC and find the Colleges of Further Education, who offer most of the Fetac qualifications. Check up the college website for lists of certificates available.
    What is VEC?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The Vocational Education Committee organises secondary and FETAC education. There is a VEC in each area, so if you are in Dublin check up City of Dublin VEC or County Dublin VEC.

The VEC website should give you a list of Colleges of Further Education in that area (FETAC stands for Further Education Training and Awards Council) and you can look at their websites to find the course you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Check out http://www.qualifax.ie/ for a full listing of courses or http://www.careersportal.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Vinoveritas

johanz wrote: »
    What is VEC?

You probably have the VEC figured out by now...but if you are still confused the VEC (Vocational Education Committee) is still associated in many locations by it's old name - the Tech- and also with night time hobby type classes. However, the role of the VEC's has changed immensely over the years and all are now involved in a huge variety of further education, adult education and 2nd chance educational opportunities. You should definitely check out the VEC in your local area (through the links given by Further Ed) - I would also suggest making an appointment to talk to an Adult Guidance Counsellor - this is a free service offered through the VEC - he/she should be able to point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement