Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Island Interview

Options
  • 30-06-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a RI interview coming up and I'm just wondering if anybody who has had one before could help me out with what kind of stuff do they ask? is it difficult?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I know someone who used to work for River Island and she said, at interviews, sometimes you are asked to pick some item's from the shop floor and put together an outfit.

You'll have to include everything, clothes, shoes, bag, jewellery, accessories etc.

The person I know, went into the shop the day before and looked around and picked out the outfit.

She also said, it will look better for you if you go to the interview in River Island branded clothes as it shows you 1) Shop there and 2) Have an interest in their clothing/accessories.

I've never worked for them/had an interview with them so can only go by what this person said.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Yeah I don't really have much RI clothes but I'm going to wear something in the RI 'style' anyway. I'm not really familiar with there stuff at the moment either, I should probably look on their website! thanks for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 proletarian

I worked there and you don't need to be dripping in RI for the interview, just wear something fashionable that reflects your style. It does help if your style coincides a bit with theirs! I wore a RI top, nothing else RI.
    I can't remember the q's exactly. They like to ask what your former boss would say about you as a worker; give an example of a time when you went out of your way to help someone; what's your greatest achievement and your greatest weakness or something - can't really remember!! It's pretty standard stuff really.
    I didn't have to pick an outfit, but if you do go into as much detail as possible - jewellery, handbags, hair clips or what have you etc - and RI love accessories!! I'd suggest even go so far as to include nail polish (which they sell) with the outfit, which would be pretty impressive.
    Also, really play up your interest in fashion, but don't forget you're 'selling' yourself as a reliable worker, not just someone who loves fashion.

And good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Yeah I don't really have much RI clothes but I'm going to wear something in the RI 'style' anyway. I'm not really familiar with there stuff at the moment either, I should probably look on their website! thanks for the advice
    Remember: what they have on the website, they may not have in store here.

The website is UK based, presumably your interview is in an Irish store?

• Advertisement

^ good point :pac: thanks!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Another common question is what kind of service would you expect to receive in a store. Talk about stuff like tidy rails, all sizes out, staff in fitting room, clean fitting room etc. This shows you know what it takes to satisfy the customer, therefore encouraging them to buy.

On the website under Men and Women there's a "Get The Latest Look" option. Click in and you'll see the trends/key pieces and patterns. For example in Ladies there, it says Florals, Sailor, 70s. Best way to keep updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

I worked there and you don't need to be dripping in RI for the interview, just wear something fashionable that reflects your style. It does help if your style coincides a bit with theirs! I wore a RI top, nothing else RI.

I'd second this, one piece of RI clothing would be enough, it would be a bit silly to go in dressed head to toe in their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Beonce

Off topic but this is the 2nd\3rd person posting for interview tips for River Island over the past few months...good to see somebody is hiring staff again!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

If its an open interview with loads of people thats what i had and you will be put into teams and asked to like make this presentation on why workin in river island would be good, then they ask you like 8 long questions and then they will then give you these cards one has a celeb and the other has a place you have to describe the clothes that person wears then say what you would wear to the place you get in the card....
    what store is it for??
    You will love it anyway i do haha been here 9 months now flown by

• Advertisement

it was for RI waterford. it was a one to one interview. I had to pick out an outfit I liked and then had the interview it was fine the girl interviewing was lovely. and she said she liked my outfit I picked so fingers crossed I came across well, I can be nervous sometimes and don't come across as well as I should in interviews.

Advertisement