Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the search for Evans & Tate Australian wine,any recommendations buffs?

Options
  • 30-06-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

It`s the Evans & Tate Gnangara Unwooded 2008 Chardonnay variety,i`m trying to get some for a surprise gift.
    Nothing has turned up so far.
    Crazy prices related to freight of a dozen of them i was to import a case so thats no good.

I have come across 1 or 2 Australian Wine Co`s in the UK but haven`t queried or got further than a browse of their stocklist which came up blank too.

I emailed off a query to Comans Wholesale Ltd earlier,they seem to stock a certain variety of Evans & Tate but not the one i seek.

Another other doors worth knocking on?

I have thought of the friend in NZ getting some and seeing what the freight is say for 6 but would customs like a piece of it too?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭r0nanf

Hi Gregsor - it's branded as Evans & Tate 'Split River' in the UK, but their importer only carry the Sauvignon Blanc. There's plenty of good unoaked Chardonnay out there now, I've a nice one! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

r0nanf wrote: »
    Hi Gregsor - it's branded as Evans & Tate 'Split River' in the UK, but their importer only carry the Sauvignon Blanc. There's plenty of good unoaked Chardonnay out there now, I've a nice one! ;)

Looks like a possible contender,sounds lovely :D.
    Will be in to you before the weekend for 2,put them away ;).
    Thanks for the heads up on the renaming of the above,i had no idea.
    No wonder it was changed for the UK,took me ages to word it properly myself :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Hi rOnanf i was passing through yesterday after a fine day at the Fete in St Raphaels and i couldn`t find you :mad:.

I got directions off the lad in the petrol St and he said to take the right after the K club and down that road was The Turnings.

I drove up and down it twice :mad:,even send the other half in to ask the lad again still no avail.

I was starting to get looks by the locals after driving round for 20 mins so i had to leave :D.

Maybe get to you before this weekend if you can direct me.

Even the Google map looks easy enough but i should have come across the shop at some stage :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭r0nanf

Hi Gregsor - apologies if it wasn't clear before but we don't have a shop! We're a wholesaler to the trade and we have our separate online retail business but we don't actually have a bricks and mortar store that people can visit!

Advertisement