Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven problem

Options
  • 30-06-2010 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Just had oven fitted - but wont stay lighting once gas button is released. I presume thermocouple is used to keep gas valve open - anything I can check myself, as I dont want to return to an obviously incompetent dealer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

is it new? Is the Thermocouple in the flame path?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Gary Toolan

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, its new and yes - as far as I can see, but manual says nothing about alignment, so presumeably, its factory set. I presume its something simple but cannot figure out what, unless whatever connection there is between t/c and valve is damaged......presumeably its a mechanical sensing line of some sort, like thermostat (ie elec is not required?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

That's right , no power supply needed , the T/C generates a minute current of its own . They can be lnocked about on occasion , even though there's no real adjustment , they can still often be tweaked a bit .

Advertisement