Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweat problem

Options
  • 30-06-2010 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    this problem is getting me down especially in this weather. i am a female and i sweat a lot, i am not overweight. I could be just sitting down and i can feel the sweat coming out through me. i also seem to sweat a lot between my legs (thigh area) disgusting i know!!! my trousers/shorts/jeans do be damp there aswell. I am soo embarrassed and i can get a smell off me so obviously other's can too. i don't know how to stop it or what to do. any ideas, any one else have the same problem??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Go to your local chemist and ask them for Dirclor and talk to them about the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mitsy

Hi OP, i feel your pain. I know how upsetting and uncomfortable it is. The thing is once you are aware of it, it nearly makes the issue seem even worse and you feel like you are sweating even more.

There are a few things to think of:
    1. Could it be emotional/nervous sweating? If you are in situations you dont feel that comfortable in? That could be a cause of sweating. Try to find ways to relax and try not to focus on any sweating taking place.
    2. Wear loose cotton clothing, linen is great in this weather and wearing skirts without tights really helps.
    3. There are many products on the market, available in chemists, these are mainly for underarms and are quite effective however i wouldnt recommend long term use as they can be quite harsh on the skin.
    4. Also look at your diet for possible causes and make sure you take in adequate water so you dont get dehydrated.
    If unwanted and unexplained sweating persists, i would speak with your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I can't tell you the science as to why but I have heard from alot of friends and family that taking wheatgrass supplements really helps with excessive sweating and completely eliminates bad body odour. Apparently you will notice the difference from the first day you start taking it. Wouldn't hurt to give it a try as it has so many other health benefits too.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Good Advice

hey op :) i work in a pharmacy and this is a problem people come to me with, anyhydrol forte will do the job,get it in most chemists bit better than driclor and doesnt smell as bad..its basically a deodrant you put on at night and wash off the next morning and continue using your usual deodrant after its washed off after a few days of this routine you will notice a huge difference :)it stays on your skin to block perspiration for 48hours so after a while you cahn start doing the routine every 2nd day.... it costs around 11euro not too bad lasts ages ...hpe that works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks a million for the replies. some good advice there. must try the wheatgrass and go to the chemist and get anyhydrol forte. anything is worth a try. its mostly between my legs thats worst. just sweat like mad. at work in a factory av to wear trousers, they're polyester mix, so that definitely doesnt help the problem.

Anyways, thanks again for the advice x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

there are some medical conditions and also some medications which can also cause this so you may want to mention it to your gp

Advertisement