Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Really Old Sweet Shop - Malahide

Options
  • 30-06-2010 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw this yesterday in Malahide, it isn't open yet but the sign is up. Anyone know if it's the same people from the one in Balbriggan or when it's opening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Falcon Crest

Does the Doggy Doos guy have a franchise of these or are they all owned by seperate people? They're the business! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Just saw this yesterday in Malahide, it isn't open yet but the sign is up. Anyone know if it's the same people from the one in Balbriggan or when it's opening?

Whereabouts is the shop, Clare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Whereabouts is the shop, Clare?

In Malahide it's on Church Road, just off Main Street. Where the Pottery shop used to be.

Or if it's the Balbriggan one you mean it's opposite Charlie Corrs on Drogheda Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Yep, Paddy from Doggy Doos/T.R.O.S.S. is behind the outlet in Malahide too... it was announced on the news yesterday that he is single handedly taking us out of recession :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Oooh will have to take a cycle over when it's open.

They had a few of these types of shops in Melbourne when I lived there. They were slightly damaging to my health. :o :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Clare Bear wrote: »
    In Malahide it's on Church Road, just off Main Street. Where the Pottery shop used to be.

Or if it's the Balbriggan one you mean it's opposite Charlie Corrs on Drogheda Street.

Yeah, I meant the malahide one. Thanks Ms Bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

one opening in Drogheda also
    The dentists in NCD/Drogheda will be delighted....its a win win situation all round, we get sweeties, Mr Doggy Doos gets a thriving business, town gets employment, dentists get an increase in requests for fillings...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Went into the one in Malahide yesterday- cool little shop.

They do lovely icecream.

Was a bit sad that it was plastic jars as I'd pictured more old fashioned glass- expence or health and safety forbids I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

It must be H&S. Sure you have to lift the jars off the shelf and bring them to the counter yourself. Can you imagine the weight of one of those jars if they were glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

that may be temporary, think they have glass jars in the balbriggan shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

minikin wrote: »
    that may be temporary, think they have glass jars in the balbriggan shop

No definitely plastic. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Was in there earlier, it's deadly! We're all going to be a bunch of fatties in Malahide now though! :P

Advertisement