Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Dialler

Options
  • 30-06-2010 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I have a HKC alarm with digi dialler. It is set up to text my mobile and my wife's and also the monitoring station if the alarm goes off. I recently changed mobile phone provider from O2 to 3 mobile and now, my phone doesn't receive a text when the alarm goes off (yes, I still have the same phone number). My wife's phone still gets the text so there doesnt seem to be a problem with the dialler. The numbers are all still programmed into it. Does anyone know if 3 mobile have a problem receiving a text message that originated from a landline phone number?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I havn't come across this. Is your landline with Eircom?
    Do you have another 3 mobile number you can try?
    Can you send a text direct from your home phone to your 3 mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 e_m20

I don't have a telephone handset that supports text so I cant try that. However, it sends the text to an O2 mobile fine when the alarm is activated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this dialler sending texts via your landline or is it a GSM dialler?
    Can you try sending it to another 3 mobile number?
    Who is your landline with?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 e_m20

The dialler sends texts via my landline which is an Eircom line. I will check it tonight to a different 3 mobile number and see what happens.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Eircom messaging sever will only send messages to Vodafon, O2 , Meteor . It will NOT send SMS to 3 mobile or Tesco 089. This is due to the fact that Vodafone, O2 and Meteor pay a small % to Eircom and 3 and Tesco will not. This is an Eircom / 3 mobile issue .

Even if you have kept your old number 087 ect it will be blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

e_m20 wrote: »
    I have a HKC alarm with digi dialler. It is set up to text my mobile and my wife's and also the monitoring station if the alarm goes off. I recently changed mobile phone provider from O2 to 3 mobile and now, my phone doesn't receive a text when the alarm goes off (yes, I still have the same phone number). My wife's phone still gets the text so there doesnt seem to be a problem with the dialler. The numbers are all still programmed into it. Does anyone know if 3 mobile have a problem receiving a text message that originated from a landline phone number?

Thanks in advance.

Cadzer is correct, the reason your wife is still getting the text is because she has not changed her mobile provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The O2 message server will send texts to 3 mobile but whether the HKC digi will work with the O2 server is another issue.

Advertisement