Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Id thread

Options
  • 30-06-2010 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I suppose we should have a real ID thread so we can all communicate cross realm, faction etc when real ID is started up
    add me.

Magaa - Nordrassil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Dosent this just work if you give your send an invite to someone with their battle.net email address?

Not a bad idea if its only 1 char ect, but the whole giving accesses tio all your charectors is not gonna push me to do a Real ID friend with anyone I dont know IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Columc wrote: »
    Dosent this just work if you give your send an invite to someone with their battle.net email address?

Not a bad idea if its only 1 char ect, but the whole giving accesses tio all your charectors is not gonna push me to do a Real ID friend with anyone I dont know IRL

must look it up i thought it was only 1 character aswell!

Ya had a look there, You only can have a cross faction friend/diffrent server or diffrent game if you add them via their battle.net email, or they add you with your battle.net email.

You can then see when your friend is logged on any time he uses his battle.net account(diffrent servers, toons, blizzard games ect)

You cant just add another charector from another server ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

**** that, more bloody complications, I'll just mail them or FB them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Dam, ppl gonna know my bank toons :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Berns wrote: »

A naked female blood elf i bet!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Berns wrote: »

From what i read they can only see your alts when you are logged into them. Just do your banking in the early hours, or when the poeple you have mutually agreed to see each other online... arent online.

still an inconvince, I have some toons I dont want other people to know that they are me ect. bank toons ect. I wouldnt mind if it was s oy ou can just talk to people, ie saying they are online and waht game, not what server, level, class, name of toon ect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

hmm not sure if i like this addition to wow i hear bad thing about the changes to the chat box , read a lot of complaints on the usa forum :eek:

the upgrades to the chat box is just like the addon prat. Which is one of the most usfeull addons i used.

And everyone is thinking that all your friends will bnecome your Real ID friends. Only way they can become your Real ID friends is if you add their emaila dress and tehy accept you, or vice versa.

• Advertisement

I read that they are putting in some stats on the random hc voting system. Where peoples votes will have different weight depending on how often, how retional and irrational their voting is.

This is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

red_ice wrote: »
    I read that they are putting in some stats on the random hc voting system. Where peoples votes will have different weight depending on how often, how retional and irrational their voting is.

This is fantastic!

yea about time all day yesterday i kept getting some dope's just auto following in randoms !! and we couldnt kick them for 15 min :mad:

Lone Stone wrote: »
    yea about time all day yesterday i kept getting some dope's just auto following in randoms !! and we couldnt kick them for 15 min :mad:

i dont think they are changing that size of things... I think its more focusing on the elitest arseholes who vote kick people for having a low gs, or who just votekick all the time. Their vote wont count like someone who votes once in a while.

If someone puts me on follow, i jump off something high and kill myself. Its worth it not to have someone tagging along. Failing that, just run into something you have to jump over and they will lose the follow.

From Us servers, the functions they are adding is people who rarely get kicked froma a group, start a vote to kick some or abandon a group can vote kick anyone they want, regardless of time.

Its kinda a rewarding showing how these players get along with other groups, so when someone joins and dosent do anything they can kick them. But im guessing they need to have an extremly low kicks/abadnoment(deserter) and starting a vote kick

• Registered Users Posts: 81,900 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

red_ice wrote: »
    i dont think they are changing that size of things... I think its more focusing on the elitest arseholes who vote kick people for having a low gs, or who just votekick all the time. Their vote wont count like someone who votes once in a while.

If someone puts me on follow, i jump off something high and kill myself. Its worth it not to have someone tagging along. Failing that, just run into something you have to jump over and they will lose the follow.
    Id like it if the system accounted for players on follow, afk or disconnects.

Overheal wrote: »
    Id like it if the system accounted for players on follow, afk or disconnects.

yea that would be handy. Havnt really had anyone on follow, i must be getting lucky with groups.

Disconnects regardless of how long the group is = kickable. Its like that atm anyways, anytime i see a d/c i just vote them out even if its 5 mins into the run. Imo, the second your charactor turns 'AFK' the game should kick you from the dungeon automatically, or prompt everyone with an option to kick. i think that would be a better solution.

they've really done something arseways with the time for a kick - 25 odd minutes before you are allowed to kick people? Wtf like.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,900 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

youre done with the places in 25 mins :confused:

That time may diminish the longer you go without kicking or leaving. Possibly in the magnitude of days or weeks. Like Rested XP on Molasses.

yea.. runs usually take about 30 mins to finish.

Advertisement