Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tasks: XP Desktop Widget>Google>Desire

Options
  • 30-06-2010 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've been using rainlendar and for the past few years and it works perfectly with calendar events synching to google calendar and then to my desire. It's actually extremely impressive how quick it works from the moment I add an even from my pc, to showing up on desire :)

However, rainlendar also has a tasks widget for the desktop, but this does not sync with google tasks at all so I'm just wondering does anyone else know of a desktop widget that will sync flawlessly to google tasks and then from there to the desire and be editable etc from each?

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hopeful bump :)

Anyone have any idea of any apps that will do this at all? I thought more people would be looking for something similar :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Have you tried Google Tasks Desktop App?

Thanks for the suggestion :)

So does that go desktop > google tasks > desire and vise-versa? Or does it use "remember the milk" instead of google tasks? Is there a widget with it for the desire? Can't see it anywhere on the page?

Never used it.... I just googled. :)

Its an Adobe Air app, so I don't think there is an Android version.

Try gtasks from the market.

Edit: Astrid has a widget too.

• Advertisement

downloaded that from the market, I never used google tasks but my brother tried gtasks too and is happy with it. I then tried to download the one on the site you linked to but don't have a clue what to do with a .air file? :)

cormie wrote: »
    but don't have a clue what to do with a .air file? :)

http://get.adobe.com/air/

Thanks for that :)

So Gtasks looks like the right app for the android. I'm not too convinced with the adobe air product though. Very surprised there's not an alternative normal type .exe program that will install with a desktop widget for synching google tasks!

Advertisement