Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweat Patches and 'Crusting' On T-Shirts

Options
  • 30-06-2010 4:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but I need some advice.

I have two black t-shirts which I absolutely love, but unfortunately due to wearing them quite often, they have developed white 'crusty' patches under the armpits, along with becoming quite sweaty in the same place.

Is there a way to remove the above, as I really love these t-shirts and don't want to part with them yet :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Micahelxcx

hand wash in a mild detergent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Put white vinegar on it and wash as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

If nothing works try to buy the t-shirts again on Ebay. Might take a bit of time to find them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

LadyE wrote: »

and try some baking soda with the vinegar as well. doesn't work so well on polyester (i've had similar problems with vintage dresses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

LadyE wrote: »

Soak them with the vinegar and leave for an hour before washing, it might take two or three goes.

It seems to be a problem with some brands of deodourant, once my friend switched brands the reaction didn't happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to purchase some white vinegar and give it a go over the weekend.

Wish me luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Giselle wrote: »
    Soak them with the vinegar and leave for an hour before washing, it might take two or three goes.

It seems to be a problem with some brands of deodourant, once my friend switched brands the reaction didn't happen again.

Which brands cause this as it has happen me with two tops last year. Both were bought in the same shop so I put it down to quality (or lack of!) but it could have been the deodourant I used at the time. Some times I buy them in health shops other in chemists but I never stick to the same brand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

I generally use Lynx, so it could well be that.

Advertisement