Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway equestrians.

Options
  • 30-06-2010 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Hey all!

I rode for about six years but I gace up quite a while ago. I recently moved down to Galway and would love to start back up again. I'm currently based in Salthill and would love to get recommended a few places to check out that aren't too far away!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Try O'Brien's (Galway Equestrian Centre) near the airport in Carnmore. I presume they do lessons - I've competed there and they have excellent facilities :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Lovely I will give them a ring after the weekend. Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Paul Duffys would be a good place to try too.

http://www.duffysequestrian.com/contact.html

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hollysf

Duffys only do lessons if you have your own horse, try helen nolan at rockmount, or sandra at moycullen, O' briens lessons are not great good value

Cheers! How much are lessons nowadays? I think gone ar the days they were a fiver an hour lol.

hollysf are those places close enough to the city? I don't drive so would prefer not to have to get a million buses after a lesson. :)

• Advertisement

rockmount is less than 10 from the city, on the n17, i'm sure the tuam bus service runs quite late, its only a 5 min walk from the main road to rockmount, rockwood is the name of the road its on. Not sure about moycullen, close enough walk to the main cliften road, think citylink has a new bus service to cliften now, 25.00 for a group lesson is the average

Ah kk cool cheers! Jesus it has gone very expensive.. might be better off buying my own horse hehe!

Thats it, hope you have a field for him, livery is now 80-100 PER WEEK .. and buying the horse is the cheap bit..

hollysf wrote: »
    Thats it, hope you have a field for him, livery is now 80-100 PER WEEK .. and buying the horse is the cheap bit..

I'll stick him out on the balcony.. he'll be grand! ;)

Advertisement