Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Sandals - what to wear with them?

Options
  • 30-06-2010 12:02am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got a lovely pair of red high heeled sandals as a present from my OH last year. I can't find a link to them as I've had them a while and they're old stock, but to give you an idea they're a similar style to these, but without the rhinestones, and would be this colour red.

Anyway, normally I'd wear them with a red coat and black skirt/dress when heading out to dinner or the races, but given that it's summer I'd like to vary the red/black theme and was just wondering what other colours I could wear them with? Are red shoes and a red dress overkill?

I'm starting to realise that red isn't the easiest colour to pair clothes with, so I'm wondering if anybody could give me any tips on how to pull them off. I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

They be nice with navy or certain purples.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Larianne wrote: »
    They be nice with navy or certain purples.

I'd completely forgotten about navy and hadn't even considered purple! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

They'd be lovely with the nautical trend, say a navy skirt or trousers and a red and white stripey top.

As above or a nice crisp white skirt and navy and white striped top.

Jeans.

The right red dress would be great with them, with a little skinny white/navy belt.

I think they would also go great with beige.

Advertisement