Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help-- pick up advice

Options
  • 29-06-2010 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, well this is my situation. I was out walkin my dog and I got chatting to this girl, we got on well and we even talked about schools that we went to, However it was a very brief conversation and before I know she said goodbye and walked down an alley way to her house..

Thing is I never got her number or address but I do know where her friends lives (she was with her friend before I started to talk to her) Do you people think it would be weird for me to knock into her friends house and ask her to give my number to her friend??

Any Advice welcomed....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

What have you got to lose? Rather than asking her friend to give you her number - which she may be loathe to do - why not pass on your number and ask the friend to tell the girl you like to text you her number if she want you to ask her out?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi mate, I appreciate your quick response and I am gonna take your advice and go for it. Thing is how would I ask for the girl, I mean say I knock on her door and her ma or somthing answers, What do i say is the girl with the black hair there? lol

You could stick to something neutral like, Hi, I'm X, is your daughter in - she'll prob put 2 & 2 together by looking at your age (I assume it's similar)...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Do you people think it would be weird for me to knock into her friends house and ask her to give my number to her friend??

yes, but what have you got to lose.

Dam, I finally got the courage to do it and her mother told me she will be away for a few weeks in waterford or somthing.

What could I do now?

• Advertisement

Wait a few weeks & try again? Not sure what else you can do... sorry.

Wait a few weeks & try again? Not sure what else you can do... sorry.

I know mate, I have been out all day hoping i'd bump into her but no chance.. I am bangin my head off the wall ha.

Thanks for the help anyway...................................................

Advertisement