Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandown Saturday

Options
  • 29-06-2010 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

Coral Eclipse heads the card. Its a pretty weak renewal but as always there are horses to bet on. P: I'll look into the other races later but just throwing out my Eclipse bet.

I think Zacinto is a great bet at 5/1. He's proven his class against Rip Van Winkle over a mile last year and shown he's coming back to form with his Queen Anne run. Stoute, Moore and the owners racing manager agree that stepping him up in trip from 8f to 10f will suit also. He's got a win at Sandown and won't be bothered by the fast going thats predicted.

Any one else looked at the race or card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Will AOB run all 6 ? I like Zacinto too, but can't help feeling Jukebox Jury is overpriced at 25/1 with PP, Johnston and Fallon, the horse always has a big race in him.
    So that's where my bet at this stage is !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

ghosttown wrote: »
    Will AOB run all 6 ? I like Zacinto too, but can't help feeling Jukebox Jury is overpriced at 25/1 with PP, Johnston and Fallon, the horse always has a big race in him.
    So that's where my bet at this stage is !

He really needs a mile and four. I'm certain he won't win this race - he doesn't have the pace

I think Beethoven is a brilliant bet at 20/1 also. I'm going to wait for O'Briens final entries before making a move but he looks hugely underestimated IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Nulty wrote: »
    I think Beethoven is a brilliant bet at 20/1 also. I'm going to wait for O'Briens final entries before making a move but he looks hugely underestimated IMO.

;) ^^^^^^^ and sure to be way to big on Betfair on the day..After having his first run, this tough battler could easily place or better here at a huge price.. Like the look of Viscount Nelson as well for similiar reasons depends who is going i suppose..

Altough just looking at the Field now on betfair, Da Re Mi should be miles clear of these, as a super consistant G1 Class filly.. No RIP so ill wait until the day but anything resembling 3/1 on the day would be huge imo..

• Advertisement

I have a massive soft spot for Dar Re Mi and think she's a brilliant filly but I'm not sure about the trip. She's the one that I fear the most though. The fast going may not help her and will probably aide those stepping up in trip more than those dropping back.

If Chabal doesn't run (he won't of course because of the ground...) will Dettori get up on a Ballydoyle horse?

Its unlikely but if they all go (unlikely) then he might get one of the rides. It'd be unfortunate for Beethovens price if Dettori got up on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Dettori rode Scorpion in the 2005 St Leger so nothing's impossible!

It's not impossible but he's got 3 stable jockeys and JP is a pretty regular rider now also. It's pretty unlikely considering at least one of them won't go.

Wtf has Henry Candy been saying or what has Amoure Propre been doing to deserve favoritism in the Coral Charge? 10/3 with PP and 3 or 4 form horses are behind him in the betting...doesn't make sense to me.

NR

Thats that then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

wow, down to 6 runners only.... Murtagh without a pace maker will try make all on Viscount Nelson. Dar Re Mi should benefit (As should Twice Over), but Dar Re Mi (as the only course and distance winner )will be my bet...

wow, down to 6 runners only.... Murtagh without a pace maker will try make all on Viscount Nelson. Dar Re Mi should benefit (As should Twice Over), but Dar Re Mi (as the only course and distance winner )will be my bet...

Viscount Nelson is getting alot of weight here from Twice Over and even DareMi, he looked to have been improving this year, and ran on well enough from a poor position in the French Derby, its a bit of a surprice that they only go with him. Da Re me looks value at 5/2 as she is out of the top drawer (over 12f but shes not slow) and Viscount to be 2nd..

I think the lack of pace setter will suit the horses stepping up in trip tbh. A likely slower gallop will give the speed horses the opportunity to show their pace in the final 2 furlongs.

May double my stake on Zacinto.

I backed Bould Mover (Coral Charge) on Thursday @ 11/4 and went back in with double my original stake @ 3/1 tonight. He looks like he's over priced, ought to be around 5/2 IMO.

Also put another bet in on Zacinto @ 9/2. I'm feeling more confident about it now Gosden spoke of Dar Re Mi:
    John Gosden reports Dar Re Mi in good form ahead of the Coral-Eclipse at Sandown and expects the race to bring her to her peak.

This will be the first time Andrew Lloyd Webber's mare has competed on the racecourse since claiming the Dubai Sheema Classic at the end of March, having had a demanding campaign late in 2009 including the Yorkshire Oaks, Prix Vermeille, Arc and Breeders' Cup Turf.

Fresh from a break, Dar Re Mi returns over 10 furlongs for the first time since landing the Pretty Polly Stakes last June and faces just five rivals in the Esher course's annual highlight.

"She had the run in the Breeders' Cup and then didn't have a lot of time off until we brought her back in January to get her ready for the Dubai Sheema Classic," said Gosden.

"It was a pretty short holiday, so she has had a much longer holiday before this race. It's her first run back, so it will put her spot-on, I'd say.

"She's in good form and although it's over 10 furlongs, this was the obvious first target. We were considering the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud, but I didn't want her to travel all the way to France at the moment.

"If she ran a nice race then I'd imagine the King George back over a mile and a half would be the next one to look at."

There are several issues for Gosden to be concerned about and he continued: "There doesn't look like there's a lot of pace. We would like an even gallop and she might even make the gallop herself.

"Like most horses, she would be better on good ground. It's unusual that the whole of Wimbledon has passed by without a drop of rain. But although she would prefer it to be good, she has won on good to firm before."

Simon Marsh, racing manager for the Lloyd Webber family, confirmed the musical guru would be present at Sandown.

http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=509900&raceid=&title=Dar+Re+Mi+tuned+up+for+Eclipse&lid=&ref=PA+Racing+Feed&nav=&sub=&day=Sat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

all over Zacinto too man, hope it wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Kod-box wrote: »
    all over Zacinto too man, hope it wins.

Zacinto (9/2) for me. Have him in a forecast with Viscount Nelson (7/1). O'Brien ain't running him for the fun of it. Great odds considering only 6 runners

Can't pick between Oratory, Coasting and Dunn'o in the Challenge Handicap.

They've all got something going for them.

Dunn'o will be up on the pace and will probably have Greyfriarschorista there with him so can't really expect him to make it and win. His record at Sandown is exceptional though but this field is a little bit bigger than his previous successes

Coasting is a bit of a dark horse. Unraced over the mile but shaping as if it'd suit. He's had two runs after a massive break due to injury but looks like he's back where he left off. Will come off the pace which should be a good one.

Oratory hasn't won since his maiden but has run well in a massive field before and may be suited by the drying ground. Theres no real draw bias but I'd prefer to be near the rain and Oratory is drawn 3 off it. Last run looks promising after overcoming what ever held him to two runs last year.

My selections are placed from top to bottom of the field so kind of hedging my bets. I haven't backed any of them yet though...I'll wait until near the off to see if theres support for any of them. As of now I'm thinking 1. Coasting, 2. Oratory, 3. Dunn'o

I think Fontley has decent place prospects in the Distaff for fillies. Has improved hugely last two runs, has never run on GF after disappointing on soft despite winnnig on GS. Loves Sandown and ought to outrun her odds of 14/1.

The two market leaders will be very hard to beat but Fontley has a good chance of getting in the frame off the back of consecutive wins, one over course and distance

Aajel is my selection in the Marathon. Hills is brilliant out in front on these types and if the horse is good enough it'll stay out there. looks the only one who'll relish the ground and will certainly stay the trip no problem.

Could be very hard to peg back @ 8/1

I really like Unshakable Will in the Coral Handicap at 4.20. I can't see why he's such a big price at 14/1 but has performed very well anytime over 7f and better still the faster it gets. Bryan Smarts horses are banging right now with 3 winner and 4 placed horses in his last 13 runners. I'm gonna take the price if I can get it in shop.

I'm gonna leave leave the last but Beachfire looks to have a very good chance.

2.00 Bould Mover
    2.35 Coasting, Oratory, Dunn'o
    3.10 Zacinto
    3.40 Fontley
    4.15 Aajel
    4.50 Unshakable Will
    5.25 Beachfire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Juwwi

2.00 Bould Mover
    2.35 Coasting, Oratory, Dunn'o
    3.10 Zacinto
    3.40 Fontley
    4.15 Aajel
    4.50 Unshakable Will
    5.25 Beachfire

you should chance the placepot with those selections aswell nulty.

robbie1977 wrote: »
    you should chance the placepot with those selections aswell nulty.

Good shout, I may aswell. - Done for £1.30

2.00 Bould Mover - Didn't handle the track, stumbled. Beaten by better tbh
    2.35 Coasting, Oratory, Dunn'o - Two placed
    3.10 Zacinto - Patently didn't stay the trip
    3.40 Fontley - Did well to get second ahead of Lady Daarshan
    4.15 Aajel - Not good enough and trip too short, one paced
    4.50 Unshakable Will - Got that one very wrong
    5.25 Beachfire - The only one I didn't back and it won :P

Advertisement