Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2000 Toyota Corolla 1.4 vvti Alarm Issue...

Options
  • 29-06-2010 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Just wondering if anyone knows how to reset this type of alarm without the key fob? or even how to disconnect the alarm altogther?

lost the key fob a couple of weeks ago, thought the alarm was off but recently the alarm has being going off randomly, started off with lights and siren going off but now it just seems to be a single buzzing sound when its activated, I can re-set it temporarily by dis-connecting the dome fuse but dose'nt last long before the buzzing noise comes back...

any help or advice appreciated!

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,934 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

AFAIK that car doesn't come with a standard alarm, only deadlocks for the doors. What model of alarm has it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Chuck Norri

Cheers for the response,

It looks to be an orginal toyota alarm as far as I can see, the alarm key fob was toyota anyhow...

the alarm itself looks to be located under the washer fluid bottle of all places so can't make out the model number, was hoping there was some way of re-setting it without having to dismantle half the engine bay!

I've heard of some alarms being re-set by opening closing doors etc but cant seem to find any info on similar for toyota alarms..

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

What sort of overide key does it have, a key or a little fob thats pushed into a receiver near the window?. The main alarm unit mite be behind the glovebox, just unplug it.

don't have an override key, from what i can find online there dosent seem to be anyway of resetting with an override key..

will take a look under glove box anyway but reckon the main unit is under the bonnet..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

i take it your corolla is the liftback 4 door model which was uk built and came with a factory fitted toyota alarm, which only operates off the door pins (no ultrasonic sensors inside car) the bad news is there is no override on turns off by original fob,as it is hard wired your only option is to remove the front bumper and disconnect the siren or remove the complete dash to disconnect the theft deterrent ecu (go for the first one :-)

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help, finally got it sorted anyway...

was able to get to the siren through the driver side wheel arch, just disconnected the cable and no more alarm, happy days that buzzing was starting drive me mad!

:D

Advertisement